ICS battery lifeGeneral

1. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

I know it has been mentioned but really heavily discussed. So how is battery life for everyone on official ics and ics roms? For me it is very sporadic, nowhere near as consistent as BP was for me. I am stock rooted ics with most bloat frozen. I can however get comparable life, just not as consistently.
    Here is a screen shot of the best life I have gotten so far. This is moderate use and I do keep my data off and us airplane mode while sleeping.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. ortrigger

ortrigger Well-Known Member Contributor

That looks about right. I have noticed significantly better battery life on icy fusion though. I use juice defender too though so that may make a slight difference.
  3. vj950

vj950 Well-Known Member

might be a really stupid question : I can get to the battery screen, but how do I reach to the "history detail" screen on ICS?
  4. hollywoods14

Settings> power saver > battery use
    Or
    Settings> about phone > battery >battery use
  5. TheBigKahuna

TheBigKahuna Well-Known Member

7.22 hours on battery, at 80%. For me, ICS has made a MAJOR improvement in battery life. I used to use Juice Defender Ultimate. I haven't even turned it on since the ICS update, and I'm getting twice the battery life, easily.
  6. hollywoods14

I'm thinking the major difference for me is just the heavier stock ics rom versus the super light Black Plague. I need to still debloat some more.
  7. azoller1

azoller1 Well-Known Member Contributor

How well does juicedefender actually work? i used it on GB for a little while then took it off becuase it didnt seem to be doing well
  8. ortrigger

I personally think that it helps. I'm at 57% and 15 hours on battery so far.
  9. Lightswarm

Lightswarm Well-Known Member

Battery life on ics is really how it should have been from the start. But I'm really impressed by the rate of charge. Its just so quick, I can make 30 minute charges in between classes and get through the day if I forgot to charge my spectrum the night before, like today lol.
  10. vj950

vj950 Well-Known Member

I do see that on my phone. I should have made it more clear: I see the graph and the applications using battery above it, but I do not see the details such as screen on, Wi-Fi, signal bar etc beneath the graph. is it just my phone?
  11. ortrigger

Tap the graph and it'll enlarge it and show all that stuff.
  12. vj950

vj950 Well-Known Member

This is embarrassing. My screen looks different, it does not have the refresh button and tapping on the graph does not do anything. Screen Shots:

Attached Files:

13. TwoTabs

TwoTabs Active Member

if you re callibrate your battery it really helps....just saying
  14. hollywoods14

That's interesting, is the same following both methods through settings. I use Beautiful Widgets and have a battery meter widget that takes to battery use stats.
  15. steve392

steve392 Well-Known Member

my phone was just upgraded to ics and the battery is being drained like crazy. I tried to disable what I could and force stop stuff I dont ever use, bu it went from 15% to shutting off in 30 minutes and it was locked and sitting in my pocket. What am I doing wrong if anythig?
  16. ortrigger

You probably have a rogue app causing bad battery drain. Use an app like better battery stats to find it. Better Battery Stats is a paid app from Chainfire but it's worth every cent...especially in cases like this.