• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS/CM9-JB/CM10 Development Thread

Are you guys going to be able to put out versions for both?

I don't see why not.

I've already got my CM9 dev tree setup with the following:

device/lge/sniper-common
device/lge/LS855
device/lge/VM855

That last one is for me, I'm an oddball. I only know of one other person in the world that would use it... but let's ignore that for now. ;)

It should be trivial to get the correct props for Boost and do an LG855. I think Bloodawn would have those values laying around. ;)

Reactions: asadullah
Upvote 0
Tdm are you building with linaro? Is it possible for the marquee? I haven't seen any roms built using linaro in the black forums. I was using a cm9 rom on my kindle fire that was built using the tool chain and the performance increase( day to day use) was ten fold compared to the ones built without the linaro tool chain.

Upvote 0
"fixed" the camera by copying FreeOptimusProject's camera.p970.so to camera.sniper.so.

surfaceflinger is failing like this:

8480 open("/dev/pvrsrvkm", O_RDWR) = 13
8480 fcntl64(13, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC) = 0
8480 ioctl(13, 0xc01c670c, 0x100ff9c4) = 0
8480 ioctl(13, 0xc01c6700, 0x100ff89c) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
8480 writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"FramebufferNativeWindow\0", 24}, {"couldn't open framebuffer HAL (N"..., 47}], 3) = 72

Obviously /dev/pvrsrvkm exists and is accessible, as the first ioctl succeeds. So I'm trying to figure out why the second ioctl is failing.

Also note that when the phone boots, the screen is funky. It has three little cyanogenmod cid logos side-by-side at the top of the screen, in purple. They take no more than 1/8 of the screen, the rest is black.

So something is obviously wrong with my display setup....

Reactions: ellocopr1
Upvote 0
OK y'all. I heard some news last night about CM9 and it's development so I'm gonna start watching this thread a little more closely. I have a feeling that it won't be long before we have a fully functional CM9 build. WOOOOOHOOOOO! Now that's what I'm talking about. CTMod AND CM9.... great googly moogly. I'm freakin' stoked!

Upvote 0
OK y'all. I heard some news last night about CM9 and it's development so I'm gonna start watching this thread a little more closely. I have a feeling that it won't be long before we have a fully functional CM9 build. WOOOOOHOOOOO! Now that's what I'm talking about. CTMod AND CM9.... great googly moogly. I'm freakin' stoked!

What did you hear?

Upvote 0
CID.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones