• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS/CM9-JB/CM10 Development Thread

Test build is here.

This is untested. It is a Sprint version of the ROM I've been using (I use VM).

Build notes:

Used i9003 audio stuff. Device audio is not working, bluetooth audio is working. You can get audio working by copying the necessary files from the FOP ROM, but I'm not going to detail how to do that.

Used Bloodawn's prebuilt init binary, since I can't get mine to boot. :(

Kernel is Bloodawn's HyperICS v2.0 built on my box with linaro 4.6. It uses gzip instead of lzma because I'm eventually going to build from source during the main build.

rild is slow to come up. Need to see if that is fixable.

What works:

Screen, keys, RIL, wifi, bluetooth. Probably SMS.

What does not work:

Anything and everything else.

Next steps:

Make audio work.
Fix ics init binary.

Upvote 0
Test build is here.

This is untested. It is a Sprint version of the ROM I've been using (I use VM).

Build notes:

Used i9003 audio stuff. Device audio is not working, bluetooth audio is working. You can get audio working by copying the necessary files from the FOP ROM, but I'm not going to detail how to do that.

Used Bloodawn's prebuilt init binary, since I can't get mine to boot. :(

Kernel is Bloodawn's HyperICS v2.0 built on my box with linaro 4.6. It uses gzip instead of lzma because I'm eventually going to build from source during the main build.

rild is slow to come up. Need to see if that is fixable.

What works:

Screen, keys, RIL, wifi, bluetooth. Probably SMS.

What does not work:

Anything and everything else.

Next steps:

Make audio work.
Fix ics init binary.

Tried to flash test rom. Did not load. Forgot where error script is saved on sd card. Anyone know?

Upvote 0
What did you see? Script assert, boot hang, ...?

I get status error 7 installation aborted redownloaded 3times same issue each time will do again and copy down the entire message or try to get a picture.

Thanks for awesome commitment

EDIT: Mine is sprint. Here are some pictures hope you can see what you need from these

Attachments

• IMG_20120725_194407.jpg
    IMG_20120725_194407.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20120725_194431.jpg
    IMG_20120725_194431.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
What did you see? Script assert, boot hang, ...?

Like Monster said. This test was for sprint. My marquee is boost. Can't recall what I saw. The message said it was saved to my sd card. Can't find it now in the rom manager folder. Oh well. I can be patient and wait for the boost version. I appreciate all the hard work you and everyone else has been putting into this project. Can't wait to see the end result. If you ever want a boost mobile tester my phone is at your service.

Reactions: tdm
Upvote 0
im uploading a boost one. i deleted mms since it wasnt going to work. edited the build.prop and swapped the apn-config. Its still very very much a test rom. make note of all the things tdm said do not work.

edit: LINK

Thanks Monster. I understand it's a test. To be in on the ground level is what makes it so rewarding.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones