ICS come on already!General

Last Updated:

1. Beckdroid

Beckdroid Well-Known Member

I'm the only one in my house still on Gingerbread! My phone guru rank is diminishing. My 8 year old is even on ICS with my old Incredible which she uses like an iPod Touch.

Advertisement
  2. destes37

destes37 Active Member

Flash .232 and regain top standing as guru! simple :)
  3. Beckdroid

I really should. I've just been so busy at my new job. I'm exhausted when I get home.
  4. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I've been on ICS for two months!:D
  5. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member

Two weeks for me & I'm still amazed at what a huge, night & day difference /improvement ICS is compared to Gingerbread.
  6. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

232 is where its at right now.
  7. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

There is a lot of speculation that the reason ICS has been so delayed for the Bionic is because of the problems Razr had when ICS was released on those phones. If 232 (and I assume later leaks) are so good, do those issues seem solved or is there little bugs on 232 similar to the Razr bugs on ICS?
  8. Beckdroid

Show offs! ;)
  9. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

I frankly don't see any reason why 232 couldn't be a final release. Although I admit I don't often use Bluetooth or some of the other features where maybe some glitches are hiding. Battery life is fine, not having trouble with any apps, signal is constant, everything seems fine. I can understand if they're hesitant to let out another official release and find out it has a lot of bugs but it seems like everything is working fine.
  10. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

For the most part, there's usually 3-5 leaks as upgrades before the actual one hits. And of that, it feels like only one leak other than the version numbers being different.

I'm sure I'll jump on the bandwagon when it launches, just to say I have the latest and greatest, but I'm sure it'll do nothing different for me than 232.
  11. cldawson

cldawson New Member

I heard that the camera was having problems in ics... have they got that fixed in .232?
  12. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

I haven't had any camera problems on either 229 or 232.
  13. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I think versions before .229 had a issue with the front camera doing video sometimes and webtop would crash if used with the Bionic dock but these issues were fixed in .229.

.235 and .238 added a new security level which prevents any gingerbread ROM like .905 form ever running on your phone again thus locking you out of the official upgrade path as you will have to be on .905 to get the OTA when it comes. That's why it's important most people stay away from these two builds.

The only problems with .232 that I'm aware of is
    1. Problems connecting to some Bluetooth devices
    2. Some problems with the volume being all the way up or muted, no in between
    3. Problems with importing system data sometimes (forcing you to do a factory data reset) after the FDR you should be good to go.
  14. kingnut

kingnut Well-Known Member

Im still on the original factory gingerbread...
  15. dragma

dragma Well-Known Member

I flashed two days ago.

One thing people should be made aware, it will take some time for the install to fully smooth out.

It may have something to do with the amount of MP3's I have on my phone 7-9 gigs worth.

Durring the breakin period it seemd that my media players were broken, and alot of the settings could not be reached at all, and it heated up quite warm. Once it calmed down (about 12 hours later). it was running fine. Everything was accessable and it cooled down nicely.
  16. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

I advise that after you flash a leak, wait till it boots completely, everything restores and then reboot the phone. It will eliminate most bugs and glitches.
  17. BKiv

BKiv Active Member

I'm not going OTA from .232 unless there are some crazy awesome improvements. Everything works perfect. I even installed the voice search from Jelly Bean and love it.
    zcamp2011 likes this.
  18. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member

I was trying to do that last night & couldn't find an apk that didn't have a problem parsing. Could you please post a link to the one that worked for you?
  19. zcamp2011

zcamp2011 Member

I haven't had any issues with .232,and won't give it up until the OTA.I'm not rooted now,but I'm just waiting for the OTA.My Bionic is as smooth and fast as melting butter now.I am just trying to be patient now.Get the OTA, then I'll root again ,but for now ......
  20. zcamp2011

zcamp2011 Member

BK how did you install voice from JB?
  21. OutOfPhase

zcamp2011 likes this.
  22. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

23. OutOfPhase

I read this the other day in a thread. If Moto/Verizion do decide to do something with it it will only effect you if your phone is less than a year old (mine only has 12 days left). It also has not been tested to see if FXZ will erase it.

Just found out FXZ does not erase the root count.
  24. Bruce53

Bruce53 Member

I just got my Bionic 2 months ago, maybe they holding off ICS so that everyone upgrades phones to get ICS after all Moto is in the phone business and when they sell phones they make money.

Trying to make funny sorry.
  25. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if this really is part of the reasoning. If they pump out new Android versions to all the older devices, there really is no reason to upgrade. Honestly the last few days I have been staring at my Bionic wondering if I should go get something that already has ICS and/or is more like to get JellyBean than the Bionic. So if they are slow to update old devices out of the hope that it will get people to buy new phones, it probably works.

After all, knowing that Google now owns Motorola Mobility, it seems kinda silly that they can't figure out how to get ICS up and running and fully released.