2. watchman64

watchman64 Member

That is great news. Thanks.
  3. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it. :)
  4. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

This is indeed good news, although I think the phrases "Finally!" and "At last!" are probably more appropriate. The 7.7 is an excellent piece of hardware, in my mind easily the best Samsung offers throughout their entire range, but Honeycomb still feels a bit rough and unfinished.

I personally saw a big improvement going from GB to ICS on the Note, and GB was pretty damn good in the first place. I'm no fan of HC so ICS on the 7.7 should, comparatively, be an even bigger improvement. I'll slap Nova launcher on there and it'll be like TouchWiz never happened :)
  5. macstibs

macstibs Member

This was a great piece of hardware when it was released. Taking this long to put out ICS is a real shame and will definitely give me pause the next time I think about buying a Sammy device early in the lifecycle.
  6. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

I agree, it's crackers we're still waiting while Jelly Bean is already here with the news of the Nexus 7. That said, I'm not too bitter as the 7.7 is still the best, or amongst the best, of the 7 inches. It's certainly better than the Nexus 7, which is nonetheless an awesome tablet for the price - that'll sell like hotcakes and I'm jealous of its vanilla android, but no 3G and more importantly no micro sd slot makes the hefty premium price of the 7.7 worth every penny for me. That, and the awesome samoled+ screen of course.
  7. Queen6

Queen6 Well-Known Member

This is Samsung`s "Achilles Heel" they are far too slow to develop software and roll it out, 7.7 is a tremendous tablet with huge potential, however I will personally think twice before buying Samsung again for this very reason, Nexus 7 will be released with Jelly Bean and we are all still stuck with Honeycomb, which speaks volumes.

If they are going to launch a premium product, they must follow up with the same level of support, this is where Apple reigns regular updates that the customer benefits from directly. By the time we get the promised updates, the hardware will start to be superseded which i for one dont appreciate, given the 7.7 is premium product with an equivalent price point.....
  8. BatfinkUK1

BatfinkUK1 Well-Known Member

9. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

Oh baby, think it's available via Kies, will upgrade when I get home woooo!

Edit: Scratch that, not available via Kies here in the UK on my 3G yet.
  10. BatfinkUK1

It will be worth the wait; it's like having a new tab.:D:D
  11. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm lookign forward to it. HC is the ONLY thing I don't like about the 7.7, the hardware still feels tremendous.

Edit: couldn't be bothered waiting for Kies, just installed it via Odin desktop and it is sweeeeet :)
  12. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member

So far only the GT P6800 (3g version) has the ICS update, I have the wifi-only version (GT P6810) and have to wait a bit for ICS...
  13. moondoggey

moondoggey New Member

this is good news i wonder if there gonna do anything with there 5 inch tab
  14. Stuart Smith

Stuart Smith New Member

I now have ICS on my Tab 7.7 as of the early part of this week. All seams OK and no problems with update by way of Kies.
  15. stevep94

stevep94 Well-Known Member

Do you have the 3G or WIFI version??
  16. Ken7

Ken7 Well-Known Member

Especially if you have it on VZW. Figure about 6 months after everyone else gets it. :rolleyes:
  17. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member

I have the gtp6810 (wifi-only) and updated successfully to 4.0.4 official UK ics firmware (without wiping data, settings, apps etc). You can find more help at the xda forums. It works just fine and I also rooted instantly afterwards ;)

All you need to do is download the firmware from sammobile. Install it via Odin and optionally root...
  18. vobguy

vobguy Well-Known Member

There has been a new region (Hong Kong) released for the P6800 this morning , with a build date of July 19. See the link below for the particulars.

This is good news, hopefully they move forward with more regions (and more variants including new regions for the P6810 )

SamMobile Firmware Page
  19. vobguy

vobguy Well-Known Member

20. stevep94

stevep94 Well-Known Member

Updated my WiFi only version last night via Kies! :)

Does seem a bit smoother but does this mean the odd app won't be compatible until they are updated to run on ICS?
  21. BatfinkUK1

Could be but i've not had any trouble. ICS has been out for ages now. :)
  22. TruongPhat

TruongPhat New Member

Great! I can't wait to have one!
  23. watchman64

watchman64 Member

Still no sign of official release for the 6800 in Malaysia. Sigh!
  24. miyako

miyako Active Member

~from excited to getting bored mode waiting~
  25. watchman64

watchman64 Member

ICS is finally out for Malaysia and neighbouring countries.