ics confirmed as cancelled or is it see page 3General

Last Updated:

1. Driftfog

Driftfog Well-Known Member

jugglerbry, you can only pass on what you think is correct, and its good to participate:D

El Presidente and D-U-R-X like this.
  2. Mehta23

Mehta23 Well-Known Member

Could we get some screenshots/ pictures? Just of the home screen, about phone /software...
    one of the boootloader will prove that he's not rooted ....
  3. malcster

malcster Well-Known Member

On a serious note though it does seem improbable that your chum has 4.0 legit
    With one click rooting and flashing available 99% of people can root without difficulty

Maybe he was trying to put on over you especially if you have waited patiently for the official ics rom

Don't take memes seriously
    Maybe I do spend to much time on 4chan
  4. malcster

5. Casey_Chaos

Casey_Chaos Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to offend you, was just a comment of my experience of the ICS update from the people I know, I don't know you or your friend so wouldn't be so blunt as to call you a liar.
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

jugglerbry, I've removed the offending comments and I apologise for any offence was caused, I sincerely hope the posts were made in jest. Feel free to hit the report button if you see something which you believe needs a moderators attention. :)

My thoughts exactly!
  7. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

My post was certainly in jest.

That said - HTC are still quoting July/August for ICS on the DHD.

Jugglerbry - is it possible your friend is using an un-official version?
  8. Bedroom Eyes

Bedroom Eyes Well-Known Member

Guys let's just get back on topic. I was at TELUS yesterday getting my Desire HD back from repair. The associate I dealt with had some info about TELUS getting it likely by July 18th for the first rollout. And with TELUS usually being a week or so behind orange, 3, etc, you should see it soon!
    El Presidente and D-U-R-X like this.
  9. malcster

3 in Sweden is still showing 9th July

Android 4.0-uppdateringar - Privat - tre.se

Someone on xda who is Swedish was checking with them so few more weeks to go

Strange how there has been no kernel leaks yet though
  10. Mehta23

What update will we be getting?

Of course ICS 4.0 ( mabye even 4.0.3 )

But which sense? 3.6 or 4.0???

If we get 3.6 , does the actual update mean that we'll be getting more custom ROM's?
  11. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

When the ICS update hits our device, I believe that we will see an updtaed version of most custom ROM's, as the drivers will be worked on and incorporated by ROM devs :)
    Mehta23 likes this.
  12. BynoUK

BynoUK Well-Known Member

I need to stop checking this thread & getting my hopes up when I see new posts
    Bedroom Eyes likes this.
  13. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Well-Known Member

I wonder how long before we get the when am I going to get Jelly Bean posts :)
  14. Mehta23

*Looks at phone time and date*

It's the 8th today.
    That means the ICS update may start tomorrow..... :D

How long before rollout in the uk starts / we see custom roms?
  15. andy_3_913

andy_3_913 Well-Known Member

i thought it was 9th?
    doesn't matter, i am so sad i keep checking anyway :)
  16. Mehta23

Yeah the 9th...Which is tomorow / today
  17. njlieck

njlieck Member

How many days to 31st August?
  18. malcster

19. njlieck

njlieck Member

Don't get ANY hopes up:

Android upgrade report card: HTC
    Things aren't looking so sunny for HTC at the end of the second quarter. The company, which earned a semi-respectable "B-" for its upgrade efforts in the first quarter of the year, let users down on a number of different fronts these past few months.
    HTC promised an "early 2012" upgrade for its Amaze 4G phone but didn't deliver the upgrade until late May. It promised an upgrade for its EVO 3D at the start of 2012 but didn't roll out any upgrades to the phone until last week -- and the upgrade remains limited in nature, with EVO 3D customers in the U.S. still waiting for any sign of progress.
    The letdowns, unfortunately, don't stop there: HTC promised an upgrade by the end of March for its Sensation 4G but didn't provide it until the middle of May. It promised a "May or June" upgrade for its EVO 4G+ phone and has yet to come through in any way. And it promised "early 2012" upgrades for the EVO Design 4G and HTC Rezound -- then changed its mind and said it'd upgrade them in "June or July." As of now, both devices are still waiting.
    If HTC is going to catch up, it's going to have to start working in overtime, as several of its other handsets are nearing the end of their promised upgrade windows as well: The Desire HD, Desire S, Droid Incredible 2, Rhyme, and Thunderbolt are all set to be upgraded within the next two months, with two of the phones down to be done before the end of July.
    HTC did deliver on one promise this quarter: It sent Ice Cream Sandwich to its international Incredible S phone in early July, as scheduled. But with all the failures, that one success isn't enough to erase an otherwise embarrassing performance.
  20. Mehta23

21. njlieck

njlieck Member

I'll make it 52 days until they tell us we won't get it until October.
  22. Mehta23

Hopefully not ^_^
  23. Mehta23

24. JohnDF1

JohnDF1 Active Member

25. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator