• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ics confirmed as cancelled or is it see page 3

Sorry guys, but I just read the comments following my post.
Not happy that I'm effectively being called a liar. That's what he told me, and to be honest he isn't into the different versions of Android, hence me asking him to check the version number, and I was surprised when he told me it was V4.
He also doesn't know anything about rooting, so is on stock ROM.
I'm patiently waiting for it myself and hope it comes sooner rather than later just like everyone else.
All I was doing was trying to participate in the thread like everyone ear and thought I'd pass on what I'd been told. I'll know better next time eh.......

Could we get some screenshots/ pictures? Just of the home screen, about phone /software...
one of the boootloader will prove that he's not rooted ....

Upvote 0
Not happy that I'm effectively being called a liar. That's what he told me, and to be honest he isn't into the different versions of Android, hence me asking him to check the version number, and I was surprised when he told me it was V4.
I'm patiently waiting for it myself and hope it comes sooner rather than later just like everyone else.
All I was doing was trying to participate in the thread like everyone ear and thought I'd pass on what I'd been told. I'll know better next time eh.......

On a serious note though it does seem improbable that your chum has 4.0 legit
With one click rooting and flashing available 99% of people can root without difficulty

Maybe he was trying to put on over you especially if you have waited patiently for the official ics rom

Don't take memes seriously
Maybe I do spend to much time on 4chan

Upvote 0

jugglerbry, I've removed the offending comments and I apologise for any offence was caused, I sincerely hope the posts were made in jest. Feel free to hit the report button if you see something which you believe needs a moderators attention. :)

jugglerbry, you can only pass on what you think is correct, and its good to participate:D

My thoughts exactly!

Upvote 0
Don't get ANY hopes up:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/mobile-and-wireless/20647/android-upgrade-report-card-second-quarter:

Android upgrade report card: HTC
Things aren't looking so sunny for HTC at the end of the second quarter. The company, which earned a semi-respectable "B-" for its upgrade efforts in the first quarter of the year, let users down on a number of different fronts these past few months.
HTC promised an "early 2012" upgrade for its Amaze 4G phone but didn't deliver the upgrade until late May. It promised an upgrade for its EVO 3D at the start of 2012 but didn't roll out any upgrades to the phone until last week -- and the upgrade remains limited in nature, with EVO 3D customers in the U.S. still waiting for any sign of progress.
The letdowns, unfortunately, don't stop there: HTC promised an upgrade by the end of March for its Sensation 4G but didn't provide it until the middle of May. It promised a "May or June" upgrade for its EVO 4G+ phone and has yet to come through in any way. And it promised "early 2012" upgrades for the EVO Design 4G and HTC Rezound -- then changed its mind and said it'd upgrade them in "June or July." As of now, both devices are still waiting.
If HTC is going to catch up, it's going to have to start working in overtime, as several of its other handsets are nearing the end of their promised upgrade windows as well: The Desire HD, Desire S, Droid Incredible 2, Rhyme, and Thunderbolt are all set to be upgraded within the next two months, with two of the phones down to be done before the end of July.
HTC did deliver on one promise this quarter: It sent Ice Cream Sandwich to its international Incredible S phone in early July, as scheduled. But with all the failures, that one success isn't enough to erase an otherwise embarrassing performance.
FINAL GRADE: D+

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones