• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS... CSC are you eligible for an update?

PDA : I9100GDXLP6
PHONE : I9100GDXLP6
CSC : I9100GOLBLP6
Build Info : Wed May 23 18:51:40 KST 2012

is it eligible for an update?
thanx for the help.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Fath88! :)

Your CSC code, I9100GOLBLP6, shows that, as per post #2, you are already on ICS, Android 4.0.3, version LP6.

EDIT

Between me replying to you and now... there has been a further update released for OLB. See next post.

Reactions: Fath88
Upvote 0
ICS for the Colombian CSC code, COM, has been released.

ICS updates, to existing ICS firmware, are available for New Zealand, Vodafone owners, CSC codes VNZ and VNX of the GT-i9100, taking it to the LPI version.

The, "T", variant, GT-i9100T, for New Zealand on CSC code, TNZ, has also received a further update to ICS, LP7 from LP5.

Further updates for the following CSC codes...

3IE = IRELAND

OLB = SINGAPORE / MALAYSIA / THAILAND / VIETNAM

DRE = AUSTRIA

HTD = DENMARK

(for details of CSC codes and updates, see posts #1 & #2 )

Upvote 0
Tks for all info. Though I must say I'm more confused than before I started, haha.

In Australia.

PDA : XWKH1
PHONE: XXKG5
CSC: XEUKH1

Kernel Version: XWKH1
Android 2.3.4

As I understand my phone is a generic UK phone and ICS should be out.
I have never rooted my phone.
Updating via Kies doesn't work thus trying to flash via Odin using method 1.

Over on the "official i9100 page" at XDA there are millions of firmwares avail yet no one matches KH1. The same case happens on sammobile.com

The only matching KG5 (which should be matching since it might affect carrier compatibility?) only has a poland or japanese version.

I'm genuinely confused on which firmware should I DL for ICS. Or even how to select which one to DL.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Tks for all info. Though I must say I'm more confused than before I started, haha.

In Australia.

PDA : XWKH1
PHONE: XXKG5
CSC: XEUKH1

Kernel Version: XWKH1
Android 2.3.4

As I understand my phone is a generic UK phone and ICS should be out.
I have never rooted my phone.
Updating via Kies doesn't work thus trying to flash via Odin using method 1.

Over on the "official i9100 page" at XDA there are millions of firmwares avail yet no one matches KH1. The same case happens on sammobile.com

The only matching KG5 (which should be matching since it might affect carrier compatibility?) only has a poland or japanese version.

I'm genuinely confused on which firmware should I DL for ICS. Or even how to select which one to DL.

Cheers!

Hello and welcome to Android Forums arman1201! :)

You are running generic, unbranded, UK, Gingerbread, (KH1), firmware, (XEU), on your phone in Australia.

The latest ICS version for that is here. This is XWLP7 and was released in April. This will not void your warranty if you flash it via Odin.

As you are in Australia there are a number of operator branded firmwares for Vodafone and Telstra for their, "T", variant phones. These T, variants have different modem software as the aforementioned operators require it for compatibility to their networks. So, you could, if you were with one of these operators, flash their firmware to your phone. However, as per post #1, this will void your warranty.

Firmwares for these operators can be downloaded as follows... VODAFONE... TELSTRA.

The choice is yours. It migh be a good idea to grab a coffee, or a beer, and start some reading.

Upvote 0
Up until 48 hours ago, this was the releases for ICS to-date.

.........GT-i9100.....M..........P.........T............G

March...34.............0...........0..........0...........0

April.....90.............2...........4..........5...........0

May......39.............0...........1..........1...........3

June......3..............0...........0..........0...........0

(The above contains updates to previously released ICS firmware)

However, that has all changed with the release of a further 21 updates to ICS on the GT-i9100 model. No changes for the G, M, P or T I'm afraid.

.........GT-i9100.....M..........P.........T............G

March...34.............0...........0..........0...........0

April.....90.............2...........4..........5...........0

May......39.............0...........1..........1...........3

June.....28..............0...........0..........0...........0

(The above contains updates to previously released ICS firmware)

To check if your phone is eligible for an update, just connect it to Kies or check out the SamMobile link in post #1 if you upgraded using Odin.

Reactions: ironSLOTH
Upvote 0
hai all
i need to upgrade my s2 to ICS.plz help me
PDA : I9100JPKJ2
PHONE: I9100XXKF1
CSC: I9100JPKJ1

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-I9100JPKJ2-CL655700root@DELL143#2
Android 2.3.5

I have never rooted my phone.Updating via Kies doesn't work.
can i able to upgrade it to ICS.
i brought it from KSA now useing it in INDIA.
plz help me

Upvote 0
hai all
i need to upgrade my s2 to ICS.plz help me
PDA : I9100JPKJ2
PHONE: I9100XXKF1
CSC: I9100JPKJ1

Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-I9100JPKJ2-CL655700root@DELL143#2
Android 2.3.5

I have never rooted my phone.Updating via Kies doesn't work.
can i able to upgrade it to ICS.
i brought it from KSA now useing it in INDIA.
plz help me

Hello and welcome to Android Forums nlpnlp! :)

I think you mean that your CSC code is.. I9100OJPKJI which was released in January.

It would seem, that as you cannot update via Kies, (see post #1 for why this may be), you can either take your phone to a Samsung Service Point and ask them to upgrade it for you to ICS or you can flash the OJP firmware yourself, using Odin, as described in post #1.

Upvote 0
Dear Experts,

Quick Updates, I figured out that all 4 files has to be used, Attached is the snapshot of my ODIN (it will look like this during the upgrade)

Appreciate confirmation /feedback , so I can proceed further

Thanks & Best Regards

Attachments

• ODIN_SNAPSHOT_4.0.3.png
    ODIN_SNAPSHOT_4.0.3.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0
Dear Experts,

I decided to upgrade my SGS2 to 4.0.3 (wish me luck).

I am going for the I9100JPLPC_I9100OJPLP9_OJP, as mentioned by ICS Thread owner ironass on the following post

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...cs-csc-you-eligible-update-6.html#post4502176

Now my query are as follows

When I unrar the I9100JPLPC_I9100OJPLP9_OJP.rar , I found 4 files as follows

1) GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OJPLP9.tar.md5
2) I9100_APBOOT_I9100JPLPC_CL537255_REV02_user_low_ship.tar
3) I9100_CODE_I9100JPLPC_CL537255_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
4) MODEM_I9100XXLPW_REV_02_CL1131641.tar.md5

Which file from above I have to use in ODIN to flash my SGS2 with 4.0.3?

Dear Experts,

Quick Updates, I figured out that all 4 files has to be used, Attached is the snapshot of my ODIN (it will look like this during the upgrade)

Appreciate confirmation /feedback , so I can proceed further

Thanks & Best Regards

If you ere using the instructions and video in post #1 and downloaded your firmware from SamMobile, it comes as a 'zip file which needs to be extracted once. This will give you a .tar .zip flle which is placed in PDA. This one .tar .zip file contains all the files you need. I'm guessing that you have further extracted that .tar .zip file.

Upvote 0
Actually I got from another source and it includes 4 files, as pointed in my snapshot,

I was able to update to 4.0.3 but it was a clean installation, I lost my contacts, gmail emails,sms message, colornote and others.However I got back the gmail emails, sms message (thanks to sms pro+), contacts from gmail and apps from google app.

I missed colornote which I did not backup, I got all apps back.

Now a million dollar question : )

I backed up my SGS2 (2.3.5) via kies just before the upgrade and now I want to restore back it on 4.0.3. Should I expect any issues or duplication or something.

Thanks & Best Regards

Upvote 0
Now a million dollar question : )

I backed up my SGS2 (2.3.5) via kies just before the upgrade and now I want to restore back it on 4.0.3. Should I expect any issues or duplication or something.

Oh well, at least you have a clean install. Not a bad thing. See, here. :)

Providing that prior to flashing your phone, you had Contacts, Calendar, Play Store, etc; sync'd to Google, you should find that after signing in to your account that these are restored automatically.

As for your backups on Kies, unless you really need anything in particular, I would try and avoid a restore as far as possible using Kies as it will be old, Gingerbread, data/settings.

Upvote 0
DO NOT FLASH THIS ROM UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE AS IT MAY HAVE THE BRICK BUG

See, here for more details of this bug.

Android 4.0.4, LQ5, is now available for CSC code, "OXA", (Open Europe).

For details of CSC codes, see post #1.

Not available vis Kies yet but can be downloaded from SamMobile and flashed via Odin.

This is a leaked, pre-release, version.

Reactions: janvoip
Upvote 0
guys i have:
PDA: I9100XWKJ1
PHONE: I9100XXKI4
CSC: I9100OJVKJ1
build info : tue Oct 11 16:28:00 KST 2011

WHAT IS the country or regoin of my phone??????
& can i get the ICS????????????

i really searched hard to find my region of this phone but no results found ,,,sammobile didnt find my CSC

Hello and welcome to Android Forums aboalghool! :)

Your CSC code is OJV I see. SamMobile have a couple of ICS, Android 4.0.3, firmwares for this code on their site as per the screenshot...

sammobileojv.jpg

Reactions: aboalghool
Upvote 0
Thanks, I'm getting a message from hotfiles that I've exceeded my download limit for the time being so I'll try later.

But in general though when searching for the right FW on that XDA thread I linked too I should be looking for one that matches my CSC, in this case 'OXA'?

I assume the region code bit, the 'XX', doesn't matter too much as any western European FW is going to have English?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones