• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS... CSC are you eligible for an update?

Hello all,
I have a question concerning ICS, my SGS2 shows the following when inserting *#1234#:

pda: I9100xxhh3
phone: I9100xxkh3
CSC: I9100OXAKH3

As far I saw it is open and available for Poland, and if I remember it has been released on March 19th. When it happened I tried to update but got the well known statement: Your devices does not support the upgrade via keys..... I waited for a couple of weeks, but nothing changed... this is when I decided to change my CSC from KOR to XEU.(there were a couple of options related to Sapin, Italy, France have no ideea why I decided to go for UK) Now on 17.04.2012 they released the ICS for unbranded devices in UK, and again no chance to update through Kies or OTA.
So the question would be is someone able to explain why the update is not possible? Or at least what should I do to update it, but the main condition is that I want to do it officially (through Kies). One more thing, almost forgot, after the CSC change the playback of music through blouetooth devices has changed, it is distorted, maybe there are some specific options that have to be adjusted to make it sound as it was?

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
hi. got a new galaxy s2 FROM SINGAPORE.
PDA: I9100GXXLB1
PHONE: I9100GXXKL4
CSC: I9100GXEFLB1.

i currently live in kenya n was wonderin if im eligible foR the ICS update. if not then when will it be available here or is there any other way to get the new OS

THNX

Hello and welcome to Android Forums SCOUSER89! :)

As per your details, you have the "G", variant of the Samsung Galaxy S2 which has had no ICS, Android 4.0.3, releases to-date and I have no time scale for the "G", variants release.

Upvote 0
when i do *#1234#, i get:
CSC: I9100UUBKI2, according to the list, ICS should be avail for UUB

however, when i connect to kies, it says "this is the lastest firmware":
CSC:KI2 (VNO)

So is UUB or KI2 my CSC?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums s2y2! :)

UUB is your CSC code and ICS is available for Trinidad and Tobago, see here:-

http://androidforums.com/4257716-post22.html

You could either take to your nearest Samsung dealer to upgrade or flash the latest firmware yourself, via Odin. See post #1.

Upvote 0
I have amended post #1 to update the information there. Particularly the parts pertaining to flashing ICS to your phone using Odin3 instead of Kies.

Post #2 now has more that 70+ ICS firmwares displayed for the various CSC codes worldwide.

At this time there are still no ICS releases for the P, M, T and G variants.

T-Mobile has released ICS for Croatia (CRO), Czech Republic (TMZ), Austria (MAX), Germany (DTM) and the Netherlands (TNL).

Upvote 0
Hi ironass,
What if my CSC is I9100OXAKH3, but i still can not update through Kies? According to the #2 post, i should be able to do it, isn't?

10x.

I am beginning to see that, "O", multi CSC codes are, in some instances, not playing nicely with Kies. Providing that OXA is your original firmware and that you have not altered it or the kernel, you have 2 options...

1. Take it to the nearest Samsung Service point and explain your problem and ask them to update it for you.

or...

2. Flash the ICS firmware for your CSC using Odin, as described in post #1.

Reactions: dopos
Upvote 0
I am beginning to see that, "O", multi CSC codes are, in some instances, not playing nicely with Kies. Providing that OXA is your original firmware and that you have not altered it or the kernel, you have 2 options...

1. Take it to the nearest Samsung Service point and explain your problem and ask them to update it for you.

or...

2. Flash the ICS firmware for your CSC using Odin, as described in post #1.

Hi Ironass,

Can this be linked to the fact that i tried to change the CSC?

Hello all,
I have a question concerning ICS, my SGS2 shows the following when inserting *#1234#:

pda: I9100xxhh3
phone: I9100xxkh3
CSC: I9100OXAKH3

As far I saw it is open and available for Poland, and if I remember it has been released on March 19th. When it happened I tried to update but got the well known statement: Your devices does not support the upgrade via keys..... I waited for a couple of weeks, but nothing changed... this is when I decided to change my CSC from KOR to XEU.(there were a couple of options related to Sapin, Italy, France have no ideea why I decided to go for UK) Now on 17.04.2012 they released the ICS for unbranded devices in UK, and again no chance to update through Kies or OTA.
So the question would be is someone able to explain why the update is not possible? Or at least what should I do to update it, but the main condition is that I want to do it officially (through Kies). One more thing, almost forgot, after the CSC change the playback of music through blouetooth devices has changed, it is distorted, maybe there are some specific options that have to be adjusted to make it sound as it was?

Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Hey ironass,

I bought my phone sometime last year (unlocked) in Switzerland.

The CSC is I9100OXXKI2, so OXX.

Am I correct in thinking that I should be eligible for an update to ICS?
On Samfirmware it says:

PDA:I9100XWLP7 4.0.3 2012 April CSC:I9100OXXLPH Switzerland

was released earlier this month, but Kies isn't offering me an upgrade.

Edit: Oh and my product code is GT-I9100LKATPH, if that matters.

Upvote 0
Hey ironass,

I bought my phone sometime last year (unlocked) in Switzerland.

The CSC is I9100OXXKI2, so OXX.

Am I correct in thinking that I should be eligible for an update to ICS?
On Samfirmware it says:

PDA:I9100XWLP7 4.0.3 2012 April CSC:I9100OXXLPH Switzerland

was released earlier this month, but Kies isn't offering me an upgrade.

Edit: Oh and my product code is GT-I9100LKATPH, if that matters.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums samnaut! :)

You are indeed correct... OXX has been released and you should be able to update via Kies providing that you have not rooted/unlocked or changed your kernel or CSC codes.

I'm afraid that you are not alone in this problem with the multi regional CSC, "O", codes... see post #110 above.

I'm afraid I can only offer you the same advice. :(

Upvote 0
Hi, is there any major benefit to updating to ICS via Kies as opposed to OTA?

Would I keep more of my original settings?

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find an answer.

I would always recommend updating via Kies, if possible, as this is the prescribed method to be used by Samsung. In theory, this method does not wipe your data. In practice, long experience has taught me that when you are doing a major platform update, from GB (2.x) to ICS (4.x), then, if you are unrooted*, you should do a backup of everything possible using Google Sync, Backup Pro, free from the Play Store. Also backup your contacts to external SD card. Use APN Backup & Restore from the Play Store or make a note of your APN settings.

Personally, I would then wipe my phone and internal sd card before installing ICS so that it was a clean factory install. That way you know that there is no detritus from GB that can cause problems later.

It is easy enough to sign in to your Google account after updating and re-sync your Contacts and Calender as well as automatically downloading your app's from Play Store, bearing in mind that not all app's are ICS compatible yet.

I would also recommend the above if flashing using Odin. Better safe than sorry! :hmmmm:

(*If you are rooted you can do a nandroid and Titanium backup's to your external SD card)

Upvote 0
Hi ironass,
I did follow your advice, and tried to install the original firmware to my device. Following the links I downloaded the firmware corresponding to XEO- OXAKH3, flashed it with Odin, but when I tried to upgrade it through Kies to ICS... agin the same issue, it did not allow me. In the end I flashed ICS wich corresponds to open Europe (I9100OXALPS_XEO) so far running very well... Though I am really interested why it did not work when I tried to install the original rom? or maybe this is not the right one, do you have any ideeas?
thx.

Upvote 0
Yes... see post #1.

Hi ironass,
I did follow your advice, and tried to install the original firmware to my device. Following the links I downloaded the firmware corresponding to XEO- OXAKH3, flashed it with Odin, but when I tried to upgrade it through Kies to ICS... agin the same issue, it did not allow me. In the end I flashed ICS wich corresponds to open Europe (I9100OXALPS_XEO) so far running very well... Though I am really interested why it did not work when I tried to install the original rom? or maybe this is not the right one, do you have any ideeas?
thx.

Upvote 0
Hi
I got an S2 from newegg and it was supposed to be an international unlocked version. the csc is an XEF so it's from France. originally it came with 2.3.3 and I updated it to 2.3.5 through OTa and there is no bloatware on it as far as I can tell but my question is. Is XEF carrier specific and it was unlocked and sold to me or is that the way to tell that it's actually an original carrier free phone.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi ironass,
thx.

I'm guessing that the firmware you installed was not the original, out-of-the-box, firmware that came with the phone.

Reactions: dopos
Upvote 0
Hi
I got an S2 from newegg and it was supposed to be an international unlocked version. the csc is an XEF so it's from France. originally it came with 2.3.3 and I updated it to 2.3.5 through OTa and there is no bloatware on it as far as I can tell but my question is. Is XEF carrier specific and it was unlocked and sold to me or is that the way to tell that it's actually an original carrier free phone.
Thanks

CSC XEF would appear to be the sim free regional firmware code for France.

EDIT Just out of curiosity, what is your model number?

Settings > About phone > Model number

Upvote 0
Hello, here is my info from the phone:
PDA: I9100XWKI4
Phone: I9100XXKI1
CSC: I9100OXFKE1

Obviously via Kies there is no update yet, i've tried with Odin as it was explained in the link found on the 1st post, it didnt worked... (seems like it stucks at the starting page idk why, tried on Win 7 64bit (on my laptop) also tried on Win XP Pro SP3 (my father's desktop) on my laptop it shows Blue Screen of Death on the desctop it was "working" for more than 1h and nothing...

Any suggestion ?
I've found it crappy to use the 2.3.4 version (which is not even 2.3.6 yet) it has some stupid problems at me idk why...

Upvote 0
Hello, here is my info from the phone:
PDA: I9100XWKI4
Phone: I9100XXKI1
CSC: I9100OXFKE1

Obviously via Kies there is no update yet, i've tried with Odin as it was explained in the link found on the 1st post, it didnt worked... (seems like it stucks at the starting page idk why, tried on Win 7 64bit (on my laptop) also tried on Win XP Pro SP3 (my father's desktop) on my laptop it shows Blue Screen of Death on the desctop it was "working" for more than 1h and nothing...

Any suggestion ?
I've found it crappy to use the 2.3.4 version (which is not even 2.3.6 yet) it has some stupid problems at me idk why...

Hello and welcome to Android Forums bestmk! :)

You are quite correct that, thus far, OXF has not been released. Therefore it will not be available via Kies.

As for installing another CSC code version via Odin, which will void your warranty, this also relies on the drivers that come bundled with Kies.

The best answer, when OXF is available, is to take your phone to the nearest Samsung Service Point and ask them to upgrade it for you.

If you continue to experience problems with connecting to Kies, then try the troubleshooting guide in post #1, entitled, "Problem connecting to Kies".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones