• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS... CSC are you eligible for an update?

ehw Thanks ironass... :)
so, any suggestion how to upgrade to ICS without waiting for it via Kies ?
i hate the 2.3.4 version which is quite dissapointing for me, the phone what i've bought 500eur is kinda worse than Nokia C7 which is at max 250eur... :/ baah :)

See under, "My firmware is not eligible for ICS yet but I want it now!", in post #1.

Upvote 0
I've wrote that i've tried that but it didnt worked for my SGS II...

Just giving you the only other answer to your question...

so, any suggestion how to upgrade to ICS without waiting for it via Kies ?

It would seem that you need to sort your Kies problem out. Maybe start a thread on it!

Upvote 0
Ironass, I've read your initial posts regarding what CSC codes can receive ICS...but I'm having issues, can anyone help?

I have an unlocked Galaxy S2 GT-I9100:

PDA: I9100XWKF3
Phone: I9100XXKE4
CSC: I9100XEUKD1

In the settings it says my firmware version is 2.3.3

According to your first post my phone is eligible for upgrade? However when I connect to Kies it says "Your device does not support Software upgrading via Kies"

I've tried removing my sim card and memory card before reconnecting. I'm also getting the Update Failed message when I try to update it over the air through the phone settings. I've also done the factory reset... but I'm still getting the same message :(

Any help appreciated!

Upvote 0
Just a quick question, i have read your first post but i want to be sure, sorry.

So meteor in Ireland are apparently releasing the ICS update today but, I have rooted my phone (with the doomlord method, not sure if that matters), so does that mean i can't upgrade via kies?
And would you even recommend upgrading to ICS, I've heard of plenty of problems with it? Thanks for any help given.

Upvote 0
Guys, you are great! Let's see if you can solve this:
I played with some FWs lately,now I wanted to get back to ICS H3G Italy branded.
Now, no matter my x flashings, no way I can get the "pesonalised" H3G firmware. I have this:
PDA: I9100XWLP7
PHONE: I9100XXLPS
CSC: Uknown
BUID INFO: Tue Apr 3 19:44:49 KST2012
Of course, Kies does not see it...
I'm trying to flash via Odin the three files (PDA Modem CSC) but I can't find the 4.0.3 H3G Italy anywhere...
THANKS! :D

Upvote 0
Just a quick question, i have read your first post but i want to be sure, sorry.

So meteor in Ireland are apparently releasing the ICS update today but, I have rooted my phone (with the doomlord method, not sure if that matters), so does that mean i can't upgrade via kies?
And would you even recommend upgrading to ICS, I've heard of plenty of problems with it? Thanks for any help given.

You cannot upgrade a rooted phone I'm afraid. You could use the Odin method in post #1 as the firmware is available for download.

Would I recommend ICS... well, I'm still using GB at the moment. ;)

Reactions: S2580
Upvote 0
Still searching for it...:mad: yet I can't find it...

ITALYH3G.jpg

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XWLP7_I9100HUILP5_HUI.zip

Upvote 0
I'm on a Virgin Mobile U.K sim free S2 and have just taken the ICS FW update via Kies so I imagine if you are in the UK and have a sim free, you should be able at last to get it.

In case it helps anyone, I'm also on a VM UK sim free S2 running GB.XWKI4 v2.3.4, CSC code XEU, and Software Update is offering me an "Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones