1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

ICS discussion of OTA update (Includes discussion of OTA update 4.04 IML77)

1. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Just pushed to my stock wifi xoom. When I turned it on, it said an update was ready. Reboot took about three minutes and viola. Going to play with it now.

p. s. AF app works!

Advertisement
    :
    kennychaffin and marctronixx like this.
  2. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

Nothing yet here in Central NJ...
  3. the co0kie

the co0kie Well-Known Member

grrr still waiting, anyone know what the rollout schedule is like
  4. KyleB

KyleB Well-Known Member

I wonder how long those of us in Canada will have to wait for the official update....Grrrr
  5. IHateMyTreo

I have a US xoom, but was in Canada at the time I received the push.
  6. ghodzilla5150

ghodzilla5150 Well-Known Member

Mine just updated:D Woke up and had a message to install latest update. I am in Southern California. What's funny is I bought the Motorola Camera Kit yesterday from Amazon and was going to put ICS on Today.

Edit: It's pretty FAST and SNAPPY. No more Lag going between pages. Looks cooler so far. Had to reinstall Netflix to get it to work. Apps move ALOT FASTER when you grab and move them. They move really smoothly now with NO Choppiness. Still CAN'T Delete Files from SD Card (I was using File Manager HD & SDCARDXD;( NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!!!!!! This SUCKS. Still CAN'T use my SD Card Internally. Have to use my PC to remove Files, Movies etc. etc. STILL. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. Camel Chops

Camel Chops Active Member

I have a US Xoom but I live in the UK. Does anyone know if it'll be pushing to my unit anytime soon???
  8. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

How about those of us that paid for the 4G variant... you'd think that because we paid the most we'd be the top priority on this matter. Disappointed in how Moto/Google/Verizon handled this one from day 1.
    kennychaffin and ajdroidx like this.
  9. Camel Chops

Get to the back of the line Zetroc! Lol ;-)
  10. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Out of curiosity, has anyone checked to see if the version number of the released update has changed? I believe the build number on the SOAK release was IML77. Does the production release have the same build number?
  11. Martimus

Motorola alternates their release schedule. The last release update went to Xoom 4G owners first... as will the next (if there is a next). Their approach indicates that they are trying to be fair to ALL Xoom owners, not just those who paid more for their tablets.
  12. IHateMyTreo

Android Version 4.0.3
    Kernel 2.6.39.4
    Build IML77
    marctronixx likes this.
  13. Martimus

Apparently I guess they are releasing the SOAK image to the masses...

I wonder if this means that any bugs found during the SOAK will be addressed in a future update?
    marctronixx likes this.
  14. KyleB

KyleB Well-Known Member

Thanks. Somehow I still doubt the update will be pushed right away to devices sold in Canada...I'll be checking all the time though..
    marctronixx likes this.
  15. Sturge[Droid]

Sturge[Droid] Well-Known Member

I'd rather wait to make sure of no bugs. However, the Verizon edition comes from Verizon not Motorola. Motorola releases to verizon then Verizon releases to the public. Be Patient.
  16. Got my update last night around 8 PM PST. My device is a WiFi only Xoom purchased from Costco on release day.

Also, I joined the Motorola thing, but didn't do it until last Friday when I heard they were emailing Motorola members that they might get early access. Not sure if it had an effect.
    marctronixx likes this.
  17. mistamista2000

mistamista2000 Well-Known Member

Got tired of waiting after the wifi ICS leaks began last week. Finally found one for the LTE and loaded it on early this morning. Works great although I haven't had the opportunity to try the 4G.

[Guide] How to flash ICS on a Stock LTE Xoom - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    marctronixx likes this.
  18. ToyotaTacoma

ToyotaTacoma Well-Known Member

Just got it. Seems to be much smoother.
    marctronixx likes this.
  19. FranSmith

FranSmith New Member

I got mine about an hour ago Xoom Wi-Fi only, in Alaska. Seems faster keyboard works better. Some of my apps don't like it at all but that is to be expected I guess.
    marctronixx likes this.
  20. Camel Chops

Just updated my Xoom in the UK, so far so good!
    marctronixx likes this.
  21. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

Got the OTA update this morning when I woke up around 5:30am. Took about 8-10 minutes to do the whole install thing. In the brief time I have looked at it I can't say I see much if any difference. But one nice thing is the start up screen has changed from the honeycombs. I was so sick of looking at that. Presumably a bunch of ice cream sandwiches now although it just looks like a bunch of rectangles. I'm sure I'll be sick of those by Christmas too though.
    marctronixx likes this.
  22. jigjags

jigjags Active Member

I had heard this was imminent and knowing how long it takes motorola to give any updates to other regions I put the US rom from motodev on my xoom earlier in the week ...woke up this morning and bingo ics updated ota

love it so far just playing with the new features and apps.
    marctronixx likes this.
  23. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Seems much smoother indeed after my update this morning. However, it did seem a bit bogged down in the beginning while fetching my gallery cache, email, gmail, pulse, etc. After that, it was very smooth sailing. Darn it, though, as I forgot to try the new keyboard before leaving for work.
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

Best part. Angry birds. I loved how they updated the applications. Wished they had done this when my Incredible got gingerbread. Maybe a note to HTC. What a great way to do business
    marctronixx likes this.
  25. burtie1980

burtie1980 Member

How did you update it in the uk? I thought this was usa only? Iam in the uk and would love ics :-D
    marctronixx likes this.