• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS - Exchange Email Hyperlinks Don't Work

After the ICS upgrade to my Rezound, the hyperlinks in emails from my Exchange ActiveSync stopped working in the HTC Mail client. They are not underlined and do nothing if tapped. Hyperlinks do display and work correctly in all the other apps, including People and Calendar using the same Exchange account.

This same thing happened when I tried the Incredible 4G. I never heard back from HTC support, and of course, Verizon had no suppor for the Inc 4G.

I don't think this is caused by our Exchange Server since the Exchange email hyperlinks worked fine before ICS and they work fine in other email apps under ICS, such as Touchdown.

Any ideas? Thanks.

After the ICS upgrade to my Rezound, the hyperlinks in emails from my Exchange ActiveSync stopped working in the HTC Mail client. They are not underlined and do nothing if tapped. Hyperlinks do display and work correctly in all the other apps, including People and Calendar using the same Exchange account.

This same thing happened when I tried the Incredible 4G. I never heard back from HTC support, and of course, Verizon had no suppor for the Inc 4G.

I don't think this is caused by our Exchange Server since the Exchange email hyperlinks worked fine before ICS and they work fine in other email apps under ICS, such as Touchdown.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Just tried that in the stock email app with Exchange Activesync... Hyperlinks are working fine from emails, tried several with very convoluted links in several emails to different sites. All were properly colored in blue and underlined and clicking them took me the web browser and opened the page with no issues (although, I would have preferred it opened in Maxthon, haven't reset it as the default app for web links yet). And clicking an email address opens the proper compose window.

Try going to Settings -> App Associations and make sure Web URLS is set to Internet (or your browser of choice) and EMail Address is set to Mail.

Upvote 0
Thanks, acejavelin. So it is not just HTC and ICS, it must be a combination of something new in the HTC email client and our Exchange settings. The app associations are fine.

Unless...did you install any certificates?
Nope... Nothing unusual at all, just updated and went about everyday business, the links worked fine before and after updating to ICS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones