• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS for Galaxy Note: No Android Beam

The International version (GT-N7000) doesn't have the hardware. The LTE version (which includes the AT&T branded one I believe) does have the hardware but apparently the software is present or disabled.

If you have the N7000 you can probably get NFC via the Moneto MicroSD card, which has 1GB flash memory and NFC hardware built in. It's Android compatible.

Ian

Reactions: Omar Days
Upvote 0
The AT&T version of the Galaxy Note (model i717) does have NFC hardware built in. Once you update the OS to Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) via Kies on your PC, you will see NFC listed under "More" under Options. Once you check the box to enable NFC, you will be able to use it. Ditto for Android Beam. In addition there are several NFC tag-writing apps that can be downloaded, including Samsung TecTiles and NFC Task Launcher, enhancing the NFC experience.

Upvote 0
i tried beaming with my gf's SGSII on TMo, but couldn't get it to work. Does the SGSII on TMo have the NFC chip?

if it is true that the note on ATT has NFC and it isn't locked down by ATT, does that mean we should be able to do all of these things we see in the SGS3 commercials? (beaming content, using allshare for pics, etc) ??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones