ICS for i9020a Finally Here!!

Last Updated:

1. Came across this last night on the xda developers forum... everyone thought it was an April fool's joke, but it isn't. I tried on my stock 2.3.6 i9020a Nexus S and now I have Android 4.0.4!!

Sorry, I can't post links because this is my first post, but if you google:

i9020a ics finally here xda

It will be the first result, then go to Page 2 of the thread and you'll find the link. I've also PMd the admin to update the stickied thread.

Enjoy!!

Advertisement
    Crimson13 likes this.
  2. Seems that I can't access voicemail, everything else works fine. I found a thread that suggests flashing a new radio file UCKE1, trouble is, I'm stock and I have no idea how...anyways, just a warning for those wanting to upgrade.
  3. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

Flashing a radio is only possible by rooting and using a custom recovery image.

For those looking for the link, here it is:

I9020A 2.3.6 to 4.0.4 Official Update: http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_crespoa/IEzMw3FU.zip

There is also more information in the Official ICS Discussion thread.
    Crimson13 likes this.
  4. Please ignore voicemail problems... I had the wrong number in the voicemail setting. All running good :)
  5. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I was reading about this update via XDA on google when my phone let me know that an OTA update was available - v4.0.4 was here. I just ran the update and the update process was awesome. The OS itself is even awesomer!
    :D
    Very nice improvement in performance and visuals, almost like a new phone. I'm a happy camper.
  6. apearse

apearse New Member

Just to confirm, I snagged the link above.
    Rename downloaded file to update.zip.
    Copy the update.zip file to the phone
    Johnny LaRue and Crimson13 like this.
  7. Crimson13

Crimson13 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, snagged, installed, running beautifully on the Rogers network
  8. RavenFox

RavenFox VIP Member VIP Member

Guys where can I get 2.3.6? I need that before updating.

*Okay found it on Xda. Hopefully all goes well.

*Alright update to 2.3.6 went fine. Now for ICS

*Update is successful. Thanks fellas.