ICS Info?General

Last Updated:

1. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Well-Known Member

I hope I'm not being redundant here, but has anyone heard anything about an ICS update for DX2? This phone isn't even a year old, I would expect Moto to upgrade it.

2. coolpoete

coolpoete Well-Known Member

No word from moto yet. At best right now we can wait for Cyanogen mod 9 custom ROM which will be based on ICS
  3. tony787

tony787 Well-Known Member

I'm out of the loop, but have they confirmed that they are going to make Cyanogen for the X2?
  4. bolski

bolski Well-Known Member

Dragonzkiller is doing it, not Cyanogen. So, it's not an official CM9 release as it will still be running on the GB (2.3.4) kernel since there isn't an ICS kernel out there for the X2.

But, check out this video to see how much of CM9 is already operational. Can't wait!

Motorola Droid X2 ICS/CM9 Alpha 1 Preview - YouTube
  5. bolski

bolski Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I received a phone call from Motorola on my cell phone. The individual was very courteous and nice, so that was a plus. Now for the information so take this anyway you want. I myself am a little skeptical, but at least I got more information from them than what I
    Scur likes this.
  6. bolski

bolski Well-Known Member

Well, as many may already know, there are news items being posted on a lot of android/mobile websites about a letter a person received from Motorola. Well, that person was me and it's not good. For those that are not aware of this, I finally received an email response from Motorola concerning the unlocking of the bootloader and ICS for the X2. The bootloader response is the same: as carriers allow. The ICS question was not good. Here is the response I received:

7. coolpoete

coolpoete Well-Known Member

Thanks for trying! At least they responded to you about it. I don't know why they couldn't have just said no on the website to begin with instead of dragging people's hopes along.
  8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

< checking around to see how the ICS ROM for the X2 is coming along >

Nice bootloader work, Moto. :rolleyes: