ICS is 1st on original Xoom. Still the flagship device over the Xoom 2?

1. Philarmie

Philarmie Member

that Motorola view the original xoom (OX) as their flagship device or are they using it as a guinea pig before releasing ICS on xoom-2?

I would be interested to hear other people's opinions on this.

It may of course be neither of the above and simply a case of having longer to work on the OX therefore it is ready earlier. I suppose it could also be that they know they will be satisfying a large chunk of Motorola tablet owners by rolling ICS out on the OX first.

Advertisement
  2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

It's because its a flagship device. They've said that since the beginning.

ICS isn't some beta version that they are toying with prior to putting it on newer flagship devices.

I see your point, but I definitely think it is because of the Xoom being a flagship device.
    Philarmie and marctronixx like this.
  3. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with how Motorola views the devices and everything to do with Google. As the first Honeycomb tablet, the Xoom is the google experience device, or the developer device. That's where Google first gets the OS working on a tablet so that other manufacturers can port it to their tablets.

(At least that's how it usually works. They did work with Asus to get ICS on the transformer prime a little earlier.)
    Philarmie and marctronixx like this.
  4. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Wonder when it's going to hit for the 3g/LTE original XOOMs. I've got one and I'm waiting for the ICS goodness :L
  5. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Meee toooo. :(