• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ICS] Kingdom FastKernel V5 (8/28/2012

Yes you do. Just like a rom

Thank you!!! Now I have something to play around with when I get home from work.

I know this question has been somewhat answered...BUT..
is it at all possible to try this kernel with stock?

it's fine if not, but id rather test the kernel on a stock rom so I can really compare the performance with what I would usually be getting.

Upvote 0
Thank you!!! Now I have something to play around with when I get home from work.

I know this question has been somewhat answered...BUT..
is it at all possible to try this kernel with stock?

it's fine if not, but id rather test the kernel on a stock rom so I can really compare the performance with what I would usually be getting.

Yes make sure your rooted and I recommend you to get a CPU changer on the market so you can overclock.

Upvote 0
Oh are you developing something

I actually have made a kernel (butteredToast) but when I test flashing it I get a status 7 error. I see 2fast4u88 stated being a stock rom caused this and that the answer was flash his boot.img or fastboot flash it. does anyone have a copy of the boot.img that he mentioned? I will gladly pass on a link to my kernel if you wish to try it.

Upvote 0
I actually have made a kernel (butteredToast) but when I test flashing it I get a status 7 error. I see 2fast4u88 stated being a stock rom caused this and that the answer was flash his boot.img or fastboot flash it. does anyone have a copy of the boot.img that he mentioned? I will gladly pass on a link to my kernel if you wish to try it.

Ok, I figured out the problem with my kernel. I also now have the boot.img from 2fast that I needed. Feel free to pm me if you are interested in my early work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones