• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS made NEO V slow!!

the update from Sony to Android 4.0 has made my phone slow.. compared to wat is was wit 2.3 Android.. Apps keep crashing.. Phone hangs.. apps respond slower.. do any of u face a similar prob?

I won't beat around the bush.. I'll tell you how to solve it.. But, are you ok with rooting your phone and installing a custom ROM? and adding a few hacks to speed up your phone?

Upvote 0
Somehow Sony screwed it over wit the upgrade.. i dont think it was suitable for ICS.. but m still using it n getting use to it.. no other choice.. dont wana use a rom or any hack. if i mess up my phone will get fried.. never have i bin so disappointed by sony b4.. but its still ok i guess.. cant hate Sony.. :D

Upvote 0
Somehow Sony screwed it over wit the upgrade.. i dont think it was suitable for ICS.. but m still using it n getting use to it.. no other choice.. dont wana use a rom or any hack. if i mess up my phone will get fried.. never have i bin so disappointed by sony b4.. but its still ok i guess.. cant hate Sony.. :D

Do a hard reset of the phone and everytime the phone slows down or starts getting slow, just switch it off and on again (that way most of the processes will be killed for sure), and ps. don't use task managers, waste of time...

Upvote 0
I too getting frustrated about its slowness after updating to android 4. it was fast on 2.3.4

I have the same problem. I bought a brand new xperia neo v and started enjoying the awsomes features that this phone provides. Unfortunatlely everything got screwed up when I committed the mistake of upgrading to ICS 4.0. Soni shoulden't have proposed an upgrade option for the phone.:eek:

I will try mustang2012 suggestion with the service ecnter to get back my GB version

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones