ICS Navigation Voice VolumeSupport

Last Updated:

1. moneycannon

moneycannon New Member

Is anyone else experiencing the problem below? This just started with ICS and the new navigation voice.

When listening to music (Pandora, Rhapsody, etc.) and using navigation, the volume of the navigation is extremely quite. When plugged into my car stereo, I can barely hear the turn by turn directions over the music (The music is a great deal louder). This is making it impossible to listen to music and use navigation at the same time, as you have to turn the car radio volume all the way up to hear the turn by turn voice guidance.

2. jclake

jclake Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. I turned off Bluetooth then listened to voice navigation instructions from the phone's speaker phone.
  3. mack5555

mack5555 New Member

This is an issue with ICS. I have the same issue on my sensation 4G. The voice plugin is volume/gain is far too low. If my data connection is running slow it goes back to the old voice guides processed by a different plug in and its plenty loud.

I am wondering if the new voice guidance coverts to voice on google servers and then you download it. The old way you needed a voice plugin and the phone itself did the conversion.

I don't care that it speaks more naturally if I can barely hear the darn thing.