• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS OTA issue

Qualme

Lurker
May 23, 2012
Hello,

I have a Bell HTC raider, Im trying to update my phone with the ICS OTA update that was released yesterday however every time I run the update it stops with a red triangle.

I have unlocked the bootloader and rooted so I assume that is my problem. I tried relocking the bootloader but that did not help. Is there anyway I can install the Bell update manually?

Thanks,
Dan

Usually to do an over the air update you need to be completely stock. So, unroot and make sure everything is stock (including your recovery) before trying again. Also if you go over to xda forums, and look for the forum for your particular phone, a dev may have packed up a version of the latest over the air, for root users to install.

Reactions: Qualme
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones