• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS - Real Improvements

Please take all activities requiring root to the All Things Root subforum.

... Thom

How can I respond to a post in this thread in the All Things Root subforum? The user was interested in Google Now, so I wanted to make him aware that it's currently available, although it requires root. Making a post about that in the All Things Root subforum (where there already is one, which I linked to) is not going to help the user one bit.

Upvote 0
As strange as this may be, I like the fact that overall the volume level of the phone seems to be louder in ICS than in GB. My ringtones, speakerphone and especially navigation seem to be much louder.

On the downside, I hate that the ringtone and notification volume levels can not be linked any more and using the volume rocker to lower the sound level doesn't touch the notification tone.

Upvote 0
Minor Downsides:

-I liked the look of the phone in the bedside dock under 905 better than on ICS. The new one doesn't get dark enough even once it dims after a few minutes. This negative turned into a positive as I found an app called Clock Dock that provides almost infinite settings, including display brightness and color.

Finally upgraded last night and the dock issue you mentioned was one of two downsides I've noticed. I'll try your suggestion.
My second downside are the notification icons in the top left - way too small! The ones on the right seem larger? I tried using accessibility settings to toggle large type, but it didn't change indicator icons.

Used the Navigation app last night, and both the quality and natural sound of the new voice is remarkable. Never got to say goodbye to the former navigator voice -- thanks for the memories.:)

Upvote 0
Finally upgraded last night and the dock issue you mentioned was one of two downsides I've noticed. I'll try your suggestion.
My second downside are the notification icons in the top left - way too small! The ones on the right seem larger? I tried using accessibility settings to toggle large type, but it didn't change indicator icons.

Used the Navigation app last night, and both the quality and natural sound of the new voice is remarkable. Never got to say goodbye to the former navigator voice -- thanks for the memories.:)

I use smart actions for when it is docked, and it works. the screen goes very dim, and it was easy to set up.

Reactions: global2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones