ICS roms out there

Last Updated:

1. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

2. bjtcars

bjtcars Well-Known Member

Wonder if someone can help me with this. I rooted yesterday and flashed [ROM] [KANG] CyanogenMod 9 For the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi (1/26/2012). Everything works great except the computer doesn't recognize the tab when I connect via the usb cable. I reinstalled the drivers but it didnt work. Anybody have any ideas. Thanks in advance.
  3. LoyalServant

Sure can.
    Go into settings -> storage -> click the 3 dots on the upper right
    Select the only option (USB computer connection) and pick Media Device.

This will get you access to the internal storage on your computer.
    bjtcars likes this.
  4. bjtcars

bjtcars Well-Known Member

Spent hours on this and knew it was something I was just overlooking.

Thanks Again.
  5. easyeatlanta

easyeatlanta Member

Is there any way to transfer all your apps and info on your current rom to a new rom that you restore to?
  6. easyeatlanta

easyeatlanta Member

Nevmind i can use titanium backup
  7. dishwater63

dishwater63 New Member

Is there much of a difference between the two builds?
  8. acelost

acelost Member

[ROm] [ICS] is raw.
  9. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

1. What does that mean, and
    2. is the camera still broken with these?

oh and 3. Can you unroot once things get "official" if you want?
  10. D_CRISIS

D_CRISIS Member

is there a quick fix for the camera such as copying a working bit of camera code in it's place from either the factory or another file? just curiosity
  11. bloodylipp

bloodylipp Well-Known Member

not yet. im sure someone will get this fixed this year. i wish sammy would just release the code, thats about the only thing that makes me mad with them.
  12. chile62

chile62 Well-Known Member

I really want ICS or even better jelly.... But I use my camera quit often. =(
  13. vobguy

vobguy Well-Known Member

Official Stock ICS ROMs for the UK/Europe region were dropped yesterday and today, depending on which variant you have you can probably install s stock UK one for your model, and your cam should still work.
  14. LoyalServant

15. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I can confirm that the EU version works well, and the camera works as expected, as do all the other features. This is with the stock Samsung firmware update for ICS v4.0.4 on a Canadian Edition P7500. It removed all the Rogers carrier crap and gave me a nice clean setup...no issues at all and it's a very nice improvement over Honeycomb.
    I'm a happy camper.
  16. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I tested CM10 JB and it was good, but some apps crashed several times and no camera. I now have the official Samsung ICS version 4.0.4 running on my Tab and it's very nicely done. I can see why it took so long to port TouchWiz with a clean and efficient visual experience.
  17. Buddha64

Buddha64 Well-Known Member

18. mikejacobs99

mikejacobs99 Member

with TouchWiz ICS running well on my Tab 10.1, what would I get from switching to another ICS ROM? (getting rid of TouchWiz of course, but other than that...)