• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS Stock Browser - Quick Controls

TexasBadger

Android Enthusiast
Dec 10, 2010
Dallas Area
I first got ICS on my Asus TF101 early last summer. The stock browser had Quick Controls, which I grew to really like. Then I moved to ICS Browser+, because it had enhanced and customizable Quick Controls. When I upgraded to my Asus TF700T, I stuck to ICS Browser+. A few weeks ago, that tablet was upgraded to JB, which is not compatible with ICS Browser+. However,the stock JB browser has Quick Controls that arguably are better than the "old" ICS stock browser Quick Controls.

A few minutes ago, it occurred to me that my Bionic is now ICS, so maybe its stock browser has Quick Controls. Sure enough! Open your browser, go to Settings/Labs and check both boxes. You will now be browsing with your thumbs along the sides of the screen. This is very fast. Caution: it is also addictive, you will never settle for a browser without Quick Controls ever again.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find time to try and install ICS Browser+ on my Bionic.

Enjoy, y'all!

I always keep three browsers on my bionic. Stock, Dolphin and Opera.

Since I do all of my browsing and activities on the web with just a smartphone, having three browsers is the way to go. A good example, I like thoughts.com, the stock browser and the dolphin browser has issues whereas the Opera browser works great.

But there's certain things that dolphin browser can do that Opera cannot.

In short, whether it's a problem web page, the inability to download something or a favorite website, if one browser doesn't do it for me, another one will. If I can't download a DJ mix using the dolphin browser, I fall back on Opera. When Opera has the inability for long press menu options on a webpage, I fall back on dolphin. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones