ICS: This is why Apple iPhone trumps Android.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I don't use a case, I've never liked them. I've dropped an HTC Droid Eris, Motorola Droid, Samsung Fascinate, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Samsung Droid Charge and a Samsung Galaxy Nexus all from about waist height (about 2.5') and never damaged a single one of them. Scuff here or there, but nothing bad. This has been on concrete, tile, hardwood, carpet, grass, marble, etc. I blame designers for putting pockets in different places.
  2. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

I threw my Maxx at a wall across the kitchen and it came back without even a scratch after it slid across the floor.
  3. steveo42

steveo42 Well-Known Member

I suspect the iPhone has VERY sensitive glass based upon what I am reading.
    Not good.
  4. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Nope, even the back is made of glass. Well it may look cool its not strong. I love the carbon Fibre on the back of my maxx
    Sharondippity and Rxpert83 like this.
  5. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

And its....very......slippery. I had to get a rubber border for my kids mother iPhone to stop it from slipping so much.
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

While I have been extremely careful with my Android phones (ok, except for leaving my Droid Incredible in my pocket to get washed :(, I had a WM Samsung Omnia, which got chucked into a door frame. Bent the phone, but the screen was fine. It still worked too.
  7. farchangelo

farchangelo Active Member

These figures are actually quite impressive.
    Since I don't have an iPhone, I had the pre-conceived notion that its apps were "uncrashable". Maybe my brain was washed by the media (and/or by the fanboys) :p
  8. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Actually it is a common misconception combined with a sneaky trick by Apple. When their apps crash there is no notification that it happened. The app simply goes away. This gives the impression that the app closed or that the user hit a button by mistake to close it.
    PattiCakeUS, TheParadox and jroc like this.
  9. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

10. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Some folks compare it to turning off Windows Error Reporting. And I agree. lol
  11. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Well I really don't see how apple iphone trumps Android? If this so call iphone trumping was killing Android, why does Android have such a market share. Might I add, Android has continued to improve since it's launch and offer a wide range of choice, can't say the same for apple.

Bye Bye BlackBerry. How Long Will Apple Last? - Forbes
  12. Bnice

Bnice Guest

This is so true. My better half owns a ipad and itouch I see it from time to time. They don't show any notification just kick you right back to the start screen.
  13. spitlizard

spitlizard Active Member

WOW...just took them 35 years and a bail out from their only competitor to get it right....!!!
  14. elisa191

elisa191 New Member

What I find so funny about this whole discussion is that were having it on a forum that mainly allows use to work together to figure out any customization we want for our devices.

Don't like the dim icons - figure out how to fix it and post it for all those who want it

I dont see these forums for iPhones

Why

You cant customize anything

Get the point
    PattiCakeUS and carracerz14 like this.
  15. bigdrew

bigdrew Well-Known Member

A guy I work with had the exact same thing happen to him. I wasn't there to see it, but from what he told me, his iphone4 was in his work bag on a chair and fell out when someone moved it. That's probably only an 18 inch drop onto that industrial vinyl tile, and it shattered the front glass. It's still working otherwise, and he's using it until the iphone5 comes out.

That's an engineering failure in my opinion.
  16. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

jroc and Rxpert83 like this.
  17. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

After all is said and done, Apple does not "trump" Android.
    No way, no how.
  18. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Same with everything in life, I sincerely hope that you enjoy your new iCar when it's available.
  19. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea I read about this the other day at another site. I asked is Apple really that arrogant? Then I thought about all the lawsuits....then said I answered my own question....
  20. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

I've seen Incredibles drop from two feet and shatter. I've seen Incredibles launched across the pavement and come out unscathed. I've seen A Droid X run over by a truck basically unscathed and then a tailgate closed on the same X with just a dent in the case. Phones are weird that way. I saw a Samsung i500 (WM2002) go through the washing machine cycle and still work.
    PattiCakeUS and jroc like this.
  21. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

My incredible went through the same and still worked!
  22. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

23. M1911A1

M1911A1 New Member

I had an HTC Evo 4g and did not have a case for it because I was using the extended battrery. I think I dropped that phone many times and nothing ever happened to it, except for a few scuff marks. Last Friday I dropped it from about 12 in. and the screen shattered. Phones are just weird. Needless to say, when I ordered my new phone I also ordered the Otterbox Defender.
  24. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Apple is losing the war. They know it and are trying to slow it down by suing everyone and everything.:rolleyes:
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  25. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Truth
    jmar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.