ICS Update Issues - SMS MessagesSupport

1. zharrt

zharrt Member

Upgraded to ICS today and it went ok, most things work however when I try to open my messages it comes up with "Please wait".

Now I will admit I have a lot of messages, I basically never delete any so some contacts have over 4,000. I thought this would just be a wait and see for something to update but has been like this now for hours. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a way to archive off messages, maybe a 3rd party app which can try and reduce the number in the message box

Advertisement
    :
  2. Markjones

Markjones Well-Known Member

I would imagine it is taking so long to access this function as it needs to load all of the messages first. I use a SYNC tool for my phone and laptop called MyphoneExplorer
    With this you can archive off and then delete SMS messages. Its a neat little tool, it does a lot of other bits and pieces too.
    MJ
  3. zharrt

zharrt Member

I use a Mac so that won't work (I have a separate thread asking for an archive tool rather than just a backup/copy). I will just keep being patient and hope it finally finishes the update.
  4. Markjones

Maybe you should get yourself a decent laptop then....Only kidding:D
  5. zharrt

zharrt Member

Well seen as you started, I don't have these type of problems with my iPhone lol
  6. Markjones

Fair comment...neither do I with my HTC and Sony laptop....touche'
  7. zharrt

zharrt Member

Finally sorted itself out after 8 hours lol
  8. alackman

alackman Well-Known Member

I used to use an app called smsbackup or something similar. I now use myphoneexplorer but the other app used auto sync SMS to gmail account. Was very handy. It creates a folder in gmail.
  9. deepenigma

deepenigma Member

I'm not receiving all my texts...dunno why it's like the sms app just goes blank for a while, i don't receive any texts...