• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS update - no keyboard at all.

Atrus81

Lurker
Jul 16, 2012
Samsung Galaxy s2, just got new ICS update to 4.0.4, and now there is no keyboard of any kind, keep getting error "English/US stopped working"
I went into settings and could not turn on Swype or Samsung keyboard...

I am trying to avoid a factory reset?!

Is there any way to force a new update?

Samsung Galaxy s2, just got new ICS update to 4.0.4, and now there is no keyboard of any kind, keep getting error "English/US stopped working"
I went into settings and could not turn on Swype or Samsung keyboard...

I am trying to avoid a factory reset?!

Is there any way to force a new update?
Just had the same exact problem and went to Sprint and they got the keyboard back albeit no ability to use Swype options anymore and the whole phone is different. Maddening. Trying to avoid a factory reset myself but it may be inevitable. Carrier/repair svc told me to wait a month if I can and see what happens to get the 'bugs' out....not too affirming. If you find out more, please post.

Upvote 0
Just had the same exact problem and went to Sprint and they got the keyboard back albeit no ability to use Swype options anymore and the whole phone is different. Maddening. Trying to avoid a factory reset myself but it may be inevitable. Carrier/repair svc told me to wait a month if I can and see what happens to get the 'bugs' out....not too affirming. If you find out more, please post.
See Dan18NY for the clear data option

Upvote 0
This happened to my brother and I after the update. Like KitsapAndroid said, you have to clear the data from Swype . To do this just go to settings-applications-all-Swype-clear data.

Go into the manage applications menu and look for your keyboards. Clear the data on them and reboot the phone and see if that helps.

Suffered through the last couple days without Swype working. This took all of a couple moments to correct.

Thanks so much for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones