ICS update - no keyboard at all.General

Last Updated:

1. Atrus81

Atrus81 New Member

Samsung Galaxy s2, just got new ICS update to 4.0.4, and now there is no keyboard of any kind, keep getting error "English/US stopped working"
    I went into settings and could not turn on Swype or Samsung keyboard...

I am trying to avoid a factory reset?!

Is there any way to force a new update?

Advertisement
  2. bencurt24

bencurt24 Well-Known Member

download a keyboard from the app store.
  3. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Go into the manage applications menu and look for your keyboards. Clear the data on them and reboot the phone and see if that helps.
    Harrgunn and DrOctagon like this.
  4. dan18ny

dan18ny Member

This happened to my brother and I after the update. Like KitsapAndroid said, you have to clear the data from Swype . To do this just go to settings-applications-all-Swype-clear data.
    Harrgunn likes this.
  5. DrOctagon

DrOctagon Member

Yep, clearing data worked for me too. Thanks! Now on to all the other screwy new settings and sounds....
  6. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

My keyboard didn't appear at first, but a quick trip to the settings menu fixed that in two seconds flat. No need to install anything or take rash measures.
  7. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

This may be O/T, but can anyone recommend a good Bluetooth or USB/MHL keyboard for my phone?
  8. ladyluddite

ladyluddite New Member

Just had the same exact problem and went to Sprint and they got the keyboard back albeit no ability to use Swype options anymore and the whole phone is different. Maddening. Trying to avoid a factory reset myself but it may be inevitable. Carrier/repair svc told me to wait a month if I can and see what happens to get the 'bugs' out....not too affirming. If you find out more, please post.
  9. ladyluddite

ladyluddite New Member

Yep thanks for the clear data option for SG2 update that took out the keyboard and then wiped out Swype. Worked like a charm. Whew! Thanks
  10. ladyluddite

ladyluddite New Member

See Dan18NY for the clear data option
  11. Harrgunn

Harrgunn New Member

Suffered through the last couple days without Swype working. This took all of a couple moments to correct.

Thanks so much for the help.
  12. miraclez

miraclez New Member

I cleared the data from my swype app and it brought my keyboard back instantly! Now I figure I'll have to put all my words back in my dictionary and anything else that was saved but at least I can text, surf the net and input words again! phew!