• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS update run: Now I can't connect to my PC..??

I ran the stupid 4.0.4 ICS update yesterday, now I no longer have the ability to connect to my PC as Mass Storage Device loike I did previously. This was essential to my isyncr app allowing me to put my itunes playlists and such on my GS2... Any word on how to do this..?? My computer recognizes the connection in "Camera" mode, but isyncr tells me I need to select "Mass Storage" or "Connect to PC"... I hate this OS..!!

I ran the stupid 4.0.4 ICS update yesterday, now I no longer have the ability to connect to my PC as Mass Storage Device loike I did previously. This was essential to my isyncr app allowing me to put my itunes playlists and such on my GS2... Any word on how to do this..?? My computer recognizes the connection in "Camera" mode, but isyncr tells me I need to select "Mass Storage" or "Connect to PC"... I hate this OS..!!

I'm also having this problem. I really need to connect my phone to my pc and it won't connect since ICS. Someone help!!!

Upvote 0
Mine did the same thing on the ICS update. Very frustrating and there appears to be no fix. Anyway, I installed the WiFi File Transfer Pro app on my phone and it works pretty good. Does just what it says. You can move files back and forth between your phone and PC wirelessly. You do have to have your phone and PC on the same WiFi signal, but that's not a big deal. It's not as slick as a cable connection because you can't drag and drop whole folders, but it's the best alternative I've found so far.

Upvote 0
on your pc download the Samsung Kies software and install on it on your pc.....i had this same problem with one of my XP pc's last night.....installing Samsung Kies software on pc solved the problem.....Kies will automatically install the USB drivers....then reboot your pc.....make sure you don't have the USB cable installed when rebooting....then open up Kies.....then insert usb cable to pc.....some have said enabling USB Debugging on phone then switching off would also work after Samsung USB drivers are installed....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones