• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PatyCake

Aug 1, 2011
I keep getting the popup "android 4.0 is ready for download, click to install" when I install it reboots and the green android guy comes up with gears rotation like its updating. Then it turns to a yellow triangle with and exclamation mark inside and won't update. Anyone know why?

I am getting the same thing. Having done a little research on the Verizon forums, I have found the following: If your tablet was manufactured prior to a certain month last year (I want to say August or October?), it will not accept the upgrade on its own. Verizon has been unsuccessfully trying to fix this problem.

The only solutions are to send your tablet back to Verizon (you will probably get a refurb instead, or they may not do the upgrade) or send the tablet back to Samsung (they may fix your tablet, send you a refurb, or send you a new tab with the updated android ICS).

I haven't sent mine back yet because I am working on trying to backup my memos and downloads. My tablet was one of the first tablets built in Feb '12. So the upgrade will not work. You will have to do a factory reset and take out your sim card, sd card (if you have one) and keep all accessory equipment. Just send the tablet itself back.

Reactions: PatyCake
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones