1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

ICS Upgrade coming [Update: arrived! Links below]General

1. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

2. CafeKampuchia

This post at SamMobile seems to confirm:
    rsisley, Jesslynh and nuismer like this.
  3. cebu111

cebu111 Active Member

Would it be same in asia as well for the realease of ICS?
  4. Jesslynh

Jesslynh Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you don't have it already. I thought they started with Asia and went west from there. What was that whole thing with Canada about then?
  5. CafeKampuchia

The only reason Canada came up is because we happened to get some info about the Canada release. But I would also assume that the Asia market would get it first. I'm in Asia too (Cambodia) and haven t seen it yet.
  6. CafeKampuchia

7. squitten

squitten Well-Known Member

Sorry to act like a noob but I can't see any info of it coming to the UK, I guess it'll be late summer early autumn!!
  8. CafeKampuchia

Actually, I think you should see it next month based on the info in post 27 above.
  9. Jesslynh

IMO - its a OS late and a dollar short. I am in love with the 8.9 inch size or I already would have moved on to the Nexus 7. I'm holding out for any announcements of new hardware for the Xmas shopping season and will sell the 8.9 once I decide what to get.
  10. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

I just MANUALLY updated my Epic 4G Touch to ICS and it ROCKS. Hopefully we will get such an update for my 8.9 Tab!!!
  11. CafeKampuchia

12. CafeKampuchia

13. rsisley

rsisley Well-Known Member

Anyone have an update?
  14. CafeKampuchia

According to SamsungTomorrow (in Korean) Samsung is releasing Android 4.0 ICS for the Korean version of the 8.9 LTE. Kies will be required to update. Also in English here:
    Android 4.0 update now available in Korea for Galaxy Tab 8.9 & 10.1

So we should have ours in the next week or so.
    :party:

Edit:

From the SamsungTomorrow article via Google Translate:
    nuismer and rsisley like this.
  15. rsisley

rsisley Well-Known Member

Here's hoping!
  16. Edtek

Edtek Active Member

If Kies is required to update then I am hooped. When I plugin my device 8.9 from Rogers Canada, it states my device can not be updated via Kies.

No clue why this is happening...
  17. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Well-Known Member

Are you rooted?
  18. Edtek

Edtek Active Member

19. FitchVA

FitchVA Well-Known Member

Woke up this morning to see an update on my WiFi only 8.9. After a brutally long process, it was confirmed that it was the ICS update! FINALLY!!

[​IMG]
  20. CafeKampuchia

Thanks, Fitch! I merged your post with our ongoing thread of ICS news.

BTW, only ICS for the GT-P7310 has been released at this point. Those of us with the 3G and LTE versions are still waiting. My guess is we'll have it before the month is over (3 more days!).

Update your Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI to Android 4.0.4 in USA | SamMobile
  21. FitchVA

FitchVA Well-Known Member

No worries! Just wanted to get the word out to as many as possible. It's a nice surprise to finally have ICS on both my tablet and phone (galaxy nexus).

The first thing I did was download Chrome. Oh how I hated that stock browser!!!
  22. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I have the above model and am still waiting. It's so frustrating. I really like ics on my note and have found honey comb a bit laggy
  23. Jesslynh

Well, I started this thread in March and I can close it saying that I got my ICS update today. Since Kies doesn't work on any of my 5 pc/laptops, I did an OTA update and am quite happy so far.
    CafeKampuchia and nuismer like this.
  24. kaivorth

kaivorth Well-Known Member

No love for the 4G LTE version????
  25. CafeKampuchia

If you have a P7310 you can update with Samsung Kies.

-------------------------

:eek: Waddya mean close it???? Some of us still don't have our upgrade :bawling:

:ditto: for the 3G international version (P7300)

I'm guessing Samsung will out them today or tomorrow. But I also guessed before the end of July, the middle of August, etc...

Seriously Jesslynh, thanks for opening this thread. All of us have gained from it. ;)