• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS Upgrade coming [Update: arrived! Links below]

Since I've never used Odin before, I was a little bit afraid. So I read about it in the internet and decided it was not a big deal...

Soooo simple! Everything worked just fine!

Downloaded the firmware from Sammobile (links above), flashed via Odin, and now enjoying Ice Cream Sandwich running smoooooth in my galaxy tab 8.9.

Really recomended!

No more waiting for Sansung to realase it via OTA here in Brasil.

Anyway, is there any chance of Jelly Bean????

Upvote 0
Terrible update. Everything is glitchy and slow. Browser bookmarks don't work anymore (force closes the browser) and more lag. It allows worked perfectly fine before. The only help option is to factory reset but I really don't want to lose all my app data (and no sd card on this piece). Sheesh. Nothing I can do about it now.

Sadly, a factory reset is pretty much mandatory after such a big update like from Honeycomb to ICS. It will work much better afterwards.

Rooting the 8.9 is really easy. If you did so you could backup your data with Titanium Backup and restore after the reset. My $0.02.

Reactions: nuismer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones