ICS User manualGeneral

1. WaVeS

WaVeS Well-Known Member

So I was lurking through the LG support website and came across a new user manual.
    LG LGVS920 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA

Mentions Android 4.0 once, in a random thing about the play store. The pictures look a little different from what my stock GB looked like.

None of the other documents mention Android 4.0.

This was updated last Friday. Probably why the dude from the LG forums was excited about a OTA coming.

Advertisement
    :
    ups2525 and Monkeyzluck like this.
  2. BadgerRed

BadgerRed Member

Interesting find! The PDF I downloaded had the following file name:
    VS920_VZW_UG_full_V1.1_ICS_120720.pdf

It's definitely an update to the manual for ICS, and the screenshots inside are further proof.

And so we continue to wait...
  3. megaghostgamer

megaghostgamer Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting!! Now I know what my Spectrum will look like next week or so on..
  4. kfj001

kfj001 Member

yup. this is definitely ICS for the spectrum. The LG launcher looks actually pretty nifty compared to ICS stock. Pinch to show desktop? Cute.
  5. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

HTC used something similar on the Evo 4G, where you pinch and it shows all the home screens at once. A feature I used frequently when I had it, but didn't miss when it was gone. Maybe because I have downsized from using up to 7 home screens, to two and a sliding dock
  6. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

pinch to show desktop is like, so last year. Every custom launcher I use has that feature :p

*side note* I don't get why anyone would ever judge an android phone based off it's default launcher since there are so many third party choices out there. To me that's one of the beauties of android, i.e. options.

I've seen so many reviews where people rated the spec poorly solely based off not liking the stock launcher. I can't help but thinking...ummm. replace it maybe?
  7. kruzz902

kruzz902 Member

YES!! They added the option to shut off the shutter sound in the stock camera! :D
  8. WaVeS

WaVeS Well-Known Member

You know, if you put your phone on vibrate, the shutter sound is turned off.
    ghavas09 likes this.
  9. hotwhencold

hotwhencold New Member

There has been talks about that not legally allowed due to all the crazy people trying to take pictures of people without them knowing in bathrooms changing rooms etc
  10. becksalottery

becksalottery Well-Known Member

And all that talk is bull; frankly, I'm glad they added the feature; it's absence was oversight, not legal, and hopefully silent shutter bring available innately to the phone will stop the asinine declarations.
  11. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

Ok so it is dated 7/20/12 so that also goes along with the rumor of when it was supposed to come out.
  12. jlove1974

jlove1974 Active Member

Yep guess it's time to revert to stock and unroot lol. Think I will just revert to stock and let the OTA get rid of my root if it can. If not, then I will unroot
  13. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

the ota should kill root, and make sure your at the correct stock. Poeper recovery and your bloateware.
  14. WaVeS

WaVeS Well-Known Member

15. MrDangerous

Link is no good any more, does anyone have a copy of the PDF?

Edit: I hadn't seen the other link. I had this page open for several minutes before posting.
  16. WaVeS

WaVeS Well-Known Member

Previous comment has a link.
  17. WaVeS

WaVeS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Anyone use this feature before?
  18. dspl1236

dspl1236 Well-Known Member

my buddies S3 has this...kinda cool....but i feel the phone is always watching then...

also if any notice you cant get to any of the vs920 manuals now, doesnt show up in any of the lg menues...
  19. bones420la

bones420la Well-Known Member

ive used it on a nexus s4g... not being racist here.. but dark skinned black people have issues with it recognizing in low light.... had to turn it off for my girlfriend because most of the time it wouldnt work properly... it might be better with a higher res camera..

ive also heard of a feature that will keep the screen on as long as your looking at it.. cant remember where i seen that or what phone it was.... but its all interesting stuff..
  20. MrDangerous

"Using front facing camera, consumers can now use their actual faces (yes, it's not a picture, but their actual mug) to unlock the device with the facial recognition technology that comes with ICS"

Strange wording.
    ghavas09 likes this.
  21. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

Supposedly a photo of your face won't do it.
  22. lfeqlbrm

lfeqlbrm Well-Known Member

Yes, ics is quite amazing. Android has come a long way since 1.0
  23. becksalottery

becksalottery Well-Known Member

I really really want to play with face unlock.also the video distortion will be a fun time waster :-D
  24. Monkeyzluck

Monkeyzluck Well-Known Member

Google earth, then face recognition, and now the glass project... Google is skynet, and they are tagging us for slavery! Except apparently for dark skinned people :-°
  25. megaghostgamer

megaghostgamer Well-Known Member

I'm still guessing that it'll be next week and its strange how they 404'd that page makes you wonder. I'm guessing that they read this thread. Who else thinks it'll be next week or a little later? :)