i'd give anything to go back to 2.1Support

Last Updated:

1. spar10

spar10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my biggest complaint is the screen not adjusting the orientation from portrait to landscape or vice-versa without being shaken or tapped a few times. it's sooooooo annoying!

someone please deliver a fix for this oh so annoying bug or give me back my 2.1!!!!! froyo is such a huge disappointment. the new "features" sure don't outweigh the new bugs it brought with it.

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I'm sure a patch will be out soon

3. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Yea honestly this is a minor annoyance. With 2.1 the screen switching from portait to landscape, or back to portrait was speedy. Now with 2.2 it's like you have to stand there and and wait for the rotation. Wish there was a way to speed it up.

4. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

Battery life stinks since Froyo.

5. tomemail

tomemail Well-Known Member

I did a hard reset prior to install of the 2.2 and haven't had any problems. Specifically, with the problems described.

My screen rotation takes about 1 full second from phone rotation to screen rotation.

My battery life is definately much improved since the update...could be a learning curve and I've just gotten better at conserving. I use WiFi when at home and at the office. I text and have several phone calls all day. I Have Trillian Msngr on all day at work and on the web 10 or 12 times while at work and quite a bit more at night.

Don't know if its because of the hard reset, but all is good and I'm truly getting about 18 to 22 hrs consistantly. Roaming while driving changes all that though.

6. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

Hard reset did not solve any of my problems. My battery life is the same (great), but the landscape mode laggyness sucks big time. I hope people are actually reporting these problems so that we can see a fix.

7. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Yep, mine takes a second as well, but a second is too long, 2.1 was almost instantly. Sure its not a BIG deal, but does feel like a nag.

8. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Stop bitching that's what u all get for being the guinea pigs.Now live with it.

9. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

Funny-mine seems betterat switching on 2.2. There was quite a bit of lag on 2.1. now getting my phone to not stay awake the entire time with 2.2 is another story...

10. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

People saying things like "I'd give anything" make me want to offer a trade plus cash.

Mine can be a rooted 2.1 in minutes. Hell, I suppose it can be a non-rooted 2. if you want. Induction charging pre-installed.

Yours for the low, low price of your EVO plus $200.

11. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

If you hard reset and then restore all your apps and settings, you'll hose the phone again. hard reset and then manually install everything back. This is proven to clean up 2.2.

12. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

but not the issue he is referring to.

holding the phone upright in portrait, waking phone, phone starts in landscape mode and is slow to switch back to portrait view....

Hard reset and manually installing apps did nothing to fix this isssue, as it does nothing to fix the streaming codec issue...and it does nothing to fix at least another 6 or more issues.

It HAS proven to fix half a dozen or so small issues yes, but not all.

13. HiBoost

HiBoost New Member

The orientation issue is definitely the thing that has been the most annoying to me. However, I'd describe it differently than most. What I see is that I have to orient the phone at a steeper angle to get it to ever change. For example, very often I'm holding the phone in my hand in portrait mode with the top of the phone slightly higher off the ground than the bottom of the phone, perhaps a 1/2" total "slope" if that makes sense. Before this amount of slant was plenty for it to recognize that I wanted portrait. But now if it happened to be in landscape previously it will never change to portrait no matter how long I wait. I have to angle it up to almost 30 degrees before it realizes "oh, portrait, eh?". I've tried recalibrating the g-sensor but that doesn't change anything. It's like Froyo just uses different thresholds internally to determine when to make the switch.

14. spar10

spar10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

the prospect of doing a hard reset and getting only meager results doesn't sound even remotely interesting to me. the results are mixed at best in terms of the benefit a hard reset has, some like it, others don't.

for this issue i don't see how a hard reset could possibly help. hopefully the next update will fix it because it's a major annoyance. none of us should have to shake our phones to have the orientation corrected. it's ridiculous.

15. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Just tilt the phone toward you duuuhhhh. Some of you are slow...tilt about 1 degree toward you and bam.

16. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

it doesn't help to hard reset....this is one of the many issues a hard reset does absolutely nothing to fix

17. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

yet, not everyone has the problem. so.... it would appear to be a configuration problem. and how do you normalize configurations? by wiping all user data.

And if the root cause is a hardware problem in a subset of released phones, then there's not much you can do.

18. Sim-X

Sim-X Well-Known Member