I'd like to have the screen stay on when charging/on AC powerSupport

Last Updated:

1. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The title says it all. I would like the screen to stay on (on whatever brightness it's normally set at) when connected to external power. I've found the Settings/Applications/Development "Stay Awake" checkbox, but the screen still dims down after 30 seconds, though it doesn't go completely off. Is there a way to keep the screen on?

All the WinMo phones I had had two separate profiles... one for on battery and one for when on a charger, and you could set the screen brightness and timeout independently for each power profile.

The reason for this is that I have a dashmount cradle of sorts that I use, and I generally put the phone in it and plug it in when I'm driving any sort of distance. I do things like look at the phone signal, see if new mail comes in, etc. while driving, and it's just reassuring to look down at the phone and see it doing something without having to hit the power button.

Advertisement
  2. kemichels

kemichels Member

Should be able to use Tasker for this, I imagine.

URNotEntitled likes this.
  3. Jermflux

Jermflux Active Member

Well, I guess you could set your "screen time out" for 30 minutes. That will at least buy you some more time.

4. dhj

dhj Well-Known Member

I use Setting Profiles, and one of my profiles is set to keep the phone on when connected to AC. Works great.

themonk likes this.
  5. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Go download the Toggle Screen Timeout widget, then whenever you push it, it turns the screen timeout off. If you want it automated, I'd suggest Tasker.

URNotEntitled likes this.
  6. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, really? I was hoping I was just being obtuse. There isn't a setting native to the OS for this? Weird.

7. Old Crow

Old Crow Member

From your home screen, click menu, then settings, then applications, then development. There is checkbook in there that stop the phone com going into sleep mode when plugged in. Hope this helps.

NorahAura, lizm and i.bike.for.life like this.
  8. Old Crow

Old Crow Member

Sorry didn't read your whole post before posting previous.

9. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

+1 ..... or keep screen on toggle in switchpro and power widgetand maybe some others idk about.