1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

I'd like to thank Google...General

1. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

...for so completely screwing the pooch on Nexus 4 availability. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have this incredible Nexus 7 I've been breaking in the past few days. I love this beast! Best handheld computer I have ever had.

My Nexus One still makes a great phone. ;)

Advertisement
    :
    Teknologic likes this.
  2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

I had the Desire, which was basically a poor man's (or in my case, tight man's) Nexus 1.

Great phone, though I didn't really realise just how constraining the 500MB of RAM was until I got a Nexus 4 - what an absolute belter of a phone! Stuff that took forever on my Desire is virtually instantaneous on the N4 - and there was me blaming T-Mob!

You really need to save your pennies and get one - you'll love it.
  3. Hook

That's the plan, but I'm no longer in a hurry. I don't use a phone much-- I don't make many phone calls. Everything else I am doing on this tablet. I thought the pocketability would be a problem, but I put a very handsome leather case on it and am carrying it almost everywhere (for work I carry a bag anyway).

I have no doubt the N4 is wonderful and I probably will get one still. Still... ;)
  4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

from a Desire to a Nexus4...
    RAM is better..
    but i think the CPU/GPU upgrade doe make the biggest punch in the phones speed.. and dont forget the better Android upgrade.

The N7 a little powerhouse.. i am finding it is very helpful and useful.. more than i thought it would be
  5. ChadShaft

ChadShaft Well-Known Member

Yeah, this thing killed my lap top. If I could get it to work with the systems we use at work I would totally ditch the laptop.
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I was semi skeptical about the size and not having a keyboard (my previous tab was a TF101), but I can't put it down. Google have nailex it, I love it :)
  7. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

I was considering jumping ship from a Galaxy Nexus to the Nexus 4.

Got the Nexus 7 and kept the GNex, can't be happier =) although I've had the Nexus 7 since September :p
  8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Psh, 500 MB constraining? Try 100 MB.
  9. whs37

whs37 Well-Known Member

I never owned a mobile phone because for one I never really had a need for one and then we live 6 months in the US and 6 months in Europe - so I would have needed 2 systems for which I would need 2 different plans.

But now I use the N7 for making calls - with GrooveIP. Free in the US and from Europe to the US. 2 cents per minute from the US to Europe. That is a real money saver for all the overseas calls we make all the time.

Another highlight is the GPS. It navigated us out of Orlando last week without any problems -- else we would probably still be roaming the Orlando landscape.
  10. androidpod

androidpod Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm just thrilled with my Nexus 7. Its a constant companion I'm using way more than I anticipated. The more I use it, the more uses I find for it.

Fast, fun & trouble free its nearly too good to be true.

What a bargain :D
  11. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

I originally purchased a cheaper Chinese tablet, then the Nexus 7 was announced. Obviously i purchased one straight away, much to the dismay of my wife. 'I'm not very happy with you for doing that' she stated.
    Now, several months on after she has used the Chinese tablet, 'Its very heavy and i think i would be better off with one like yours.'
    My wife is a total technophobe, so the Nexus 7 must be a good device.
  12. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer Guide

Yep. It's rare to find a new product of any type that exceeds expectations in every way - and the Nexus 7 is one of this rare breed.

I'm not at all "brand loyal" but I have to admit that my trust of both the Google and Asus brands has increased considerably since buying the Nexus 7.
  13. Ganjamaican

Ganjamaican Member

Haha, I can relate. I played we it using Nvidia Splashtop GamePad THD
    I play my PC games on this already powerful device
  14. Hook

Yesterday, I say the Nexus 4 was available again. I didn't even feel tempted to pull the trigger. My phone is now only a phone and the Nexus One is fine for that. Maybe someday, but I don't even feel a tug right now. ;)
  15. Internaut

Internaut Well-Known Member

The Nexus 7 is with me constantly. I even bought a bargain MiFi from 3 so I can keep it connected during my commute. It does everything I need in a package that's just the right size. I'm using it right now.
  16. BigBruDa3rd

BigBruDa3rd Well-Known Member

I thought a tablet was a gimmick. A in between a laptop and desktop but no real purpose seeing that it has no DVD slot and couldn't upload programs. Having a RAZR HD smartphone didn't think I needed a tab. Looked at the N7 when it was first announced was like no SD, HDMI slot, only 8 and 16 gig, 7 inches nope not gonna buy.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago my brother purchase one so I got a chance to play with the N7. Boy was I wrong. Best electronic purchase I ever made. The size is just right debated with the N10 since it was closer to a laptop but the N10 would be too big as a portable device. Its nice but more of a stay at home tab. Everything I need is in the play store and this lil beast takes everything I throw at it. Will get the new N7 the day it is released.
  17. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was the same way. Got a N7, and for day to day browsing, it pretty much replaced my laptop. Only time I use my laptop is when....it isn't realistically possible to do it on the tablet (so Visual Studio, Word, Windows games, and virtual machines).

Otherwise, my N7 pretty much does everything my laptop can, and get twice the battery life.