I'd love to delete photo bucket

Last Updated:

1. chefster74

chefster74 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't and won't use photo bucket for anything. I check running apps and it constantly turns itself on. I tried the uninstaller in the phone with no luck. I got an uninstaller app from the app store and it won't get rid of it either. I've heard about rooting, but am too much of a novice to want to try that. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. captaincatalyst

captaincatalyst New Member

I know how you feel about the pre-installed programs...
    I hated having the stupid Uno game and whatever else automatically starting all the time. Unfortunately the only way to get rid of them that I know is root the phone and remove them with something like Android Mate.

I'm new to Android and the Huawei Ascend is my first. Saying that, I was able to search around and found pretty clear instructions on rooting the Ascend. You'll likely find one main set of instructions with a few follow-ups from other people about what they did to root it. After a bit of hard work and searching, I got it rooted, installed Android Mate and got rid of all the garbage I didn't want on there.

Rooting has the potential to mess up the phone if you delete the wrong stuff or do it wrong. At least if you break the phone in the process, it's not too expensive to get another.

3. Muldy

Muldy Member

LOL thats not very convincing Captain. If you did "root" and ended up ruining your phone, could you just reinstall OS and start over?

4. dEris

dEris Well-Known Member

Root and uninstall!

5. dennyps

dennyps New Member

Hi Digg, I went to settings, applications, manage applications, photo bucket and scrolled down and hit "force stop" and photobucket has not come back on automatically since. Personally I have a photobucket account but I like you I did not want it to automatically do anything. Also in that manage applications folder you will see other app's you may want to "force stop" as well. Hope this helps

6. kbrn

kbrn Well-Known Member

Just bought a Huawei from GetroPcs for my g/f this was the easiest phone to root for me.
    I used root explorer and deleted almost all the junkie stock apps using just temporary root so that way she won't mess up her phone lol

z4root works great!

7. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

:D hahaha

8. ♥heartbeeps

♥heartbeeps New Member

When I try and delete the stupid stock apps with Root Explorer, I get a message that says (and I'm paraphrasing here) "LOL YEAH RIGHT YOU WISH". Sigh.

9. joser116

joser116 Guest

Search for z4root on google and click on first link. Download and install. Open and choose permanent root(you will still be able to unroot). Next, download titanium backup and uninstall bloatware

10. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member

used z4root, went and used titanium backup to get rid of photobucket, and thought i did, but there's this thing that keeps popping back in, bout installing and trying it. Have used titanium a few more times on it, and I dont see any reference to photobucket anymore, if I decide to unroot my cell, will I need that( if 2.2 comes out?

11. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

We don't really know but as long as you uninstalled it with TiBu we can help you get it back if and when you need it. If it makes you feel any better I dumped photobucket too. :D

LOL