ID Token with fastboot

Last Updated:

1. iDevCodex

iDevCodex New Member

I'm currently trying to root my WFS and I've got as far as trying to disable S-ON and trying to get my id token, but failing badly.
    Not really worried about S-on for now but I want to know how to get the token?
    I'm using fastboot but the problem is that it doesn't have the command "get_identification_token" available to it. Is there another way or do I need to get another version of fastboot? (Link? :D)

I'm using CMD, cd'ing the directory to C:\Android\root (the folder where fastboot is stored on my pc), punching in the command "fastboot oem get_identification_token" and getting invalid command error. I type in "fastboot oem h" to view command list, and this command doesn't exist apparently?

I'm completely new to Android, and this place looks cosy :)

Advertisement
    naser_k likes this.
  2. wilfredojr978

wilfredojr978 Well-Known Member

I am really at a lost.i have a mytouch 3g and it has s-on .and im not able to grab my oem token through fastboot.Ive tried many methods,and i have root.but like i said still have s-on .heres my secs its a sapphire 32a w/3.5 hboot:1.33.0013
    cld-13
    radio-2.22.28.25
    oct 21 09:confused:
  3. simonsimons34

simonsimons34 Rom & Kernel Developer Developer

Ah, you cant use HTC Dev for this. The device really doesnt support any fastboot commands, which is a shame. You must soff in other ways. Are you CDMA or GSM. AKA you have a simcard or not?
  4. iDevCodex

iDevCodex New Member

Are you talking to me or wilfred?
    If it's me, then the Wildfire S seems to fully support the Fastboot commands; it's Fastboot itself that's lacking the one I'm looking for.
    I just want to get my token ID and use my phone normally again grrr
    Is there any other way than Fastboot? I'll see if I can find a version to dl that has the get token command but if I can't find one then I'm at a loss...
    I'm currently GSM but considering CDMA- Again, the world of phones is new to me (in development terms, not usage) so any advice would be a godsend :)
  5. simonsimons34

simonsimons34 Rom & Kernel Developer Developer

We are limited fastboot, We need an ENG bootloader.
  6. wilfredojr978

Use the tools from htc unlocker
  7. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

8. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Is your phone rooted or not? If you are rooted, then there is no need to worry about s-off. To s-off a Marvel phone, you would need the XTC clip which is quite expensive.
  9. wilfredojr978

Don't got the phone and yes it was rooted but I wanted to flash roms and su was only legacy
  10. alirezahosine

alirezahosine New Member

My Device Identifier Token