1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

ID3 Issues

Last Updated:

1. TENtimesFAST

TENtimesFAST Active Member This Topic's Starter

I love my android phone more beyond belief but as everyone knows it still has a way to go in regards to media. Now I don't get my music in the most legal of ways and organize my music within iTunes. When I try and upload my music to my phone I find that about 3/4 of the songs are organized under "unknown artist." I am curious if there is a way to do mass ID3 tagging within iTunes since I have my music very well organized already but apparently it doesn't work.

If there are any questions that would better help answer this questions please let me know!

Advertisement
  2. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

mp3tag is a program that may be able to help you out. It can add id3 tags based on the file name, so if you have them organized so the artist name is in the same spot on all the file names you would be able to take that part of the file name and insert it into the artist spot in the id3 tag.

3. TENtimesFAST

I'm looking into that app and tinkering with it. It takes me a little while to wrap my head around things. Much appreciated that you told me about this :)

Already had to delete all my music haha. I'll get it figured out sooner or later!

4. thegreen

thegreen Well-Known Member

I'm usually able to directly fix this right in itunes by highlighting a song/multiple songs then right click and select 'get info'. Opens a window to edit artist, album art, song titles etc. All the info transfers to my phone just fine.

5. TENtimesFAST

I tried that right off the bat lol. I have a bit of an OCD for my music to be properly organized. So having the properly spelled band name, albums, genre...ect is the first thing I do when I add media to my library. However, for whatever reason, that doesn't fix seem to work :(

6. thegreen

Weird. I share your OCD- I moved about 10 gigs of music to my droid and got pissed when two album covers wouldn't show. Fixed it though. Guess you'l have to resort to the 3rd party software idea. Good luck.

7. TENtimesFAST

I don't know how I never seen this before...
    There is an option right in iTunes that will retag all my music. I chose version 1.1 and voila, all my music is recognized properly!

8. thegreen

Where did you find this?

9. TENtimesFAST

I just right clicked on my song and 4 options down was "Convert ID3 Tags..."

10. thegreen

I don't get that option. What version of itunes are you running? I'm on 9.0.2.25.

11. TENtimesFAST

12. thegreen

Thanks!
    I was trying it with aac tunes ripped from CD; it only works with mp3 I guess...

13. TENtimesFAST

Glad that helped! That was the first thing I did when I got my Droid. I just told iTunes to convert all my media to mp3 and away I went!

14. thegreen

Can I use itunes to convert existing aac (mpeg4) tunes to mp3? If so how?

aac plays fine on the droid, but I can't use those files for ringtones.
    I know I should have ripped as mp3 from the start, but up until I got my droid I only had ipods and cd players so it didn't matter... I have a lot of ripped cd's to convert but I'd rather not have to get a separate program.

15. TENtimesFAST

I'm not sure, I know that I set the import settings to MP3. To do that you go: Edit > Preferences > General > Import settings (set to MP3).

Once again I was just able to right click and chose "Create MP3 Version"

Not sure if I did anything to be able to bring up that option :-/