ID3 tags on desire

Last Updated:

1. marshalex

marshalex Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i'm having issues getting id3 tags to work on my desire. it seems to import some songs but not others, despite my entire music collection being encoded in ID3 v2.3. any suggestions on how to get this to work? the HTC website seems to indicate that the desire supports ID4 (is this a new format? if so how can i convert my entire itunes library to this version)
    this is my only main issue with the desire atm and i want it working!

Advertisement
  2. yevveh

yevveh New Member

I'm having the same problem with WMA tags in particular, really looking for a solution if anyone has one!

3. noodles317

noodles317 Active Member

How do oyu move your MP3's onto your Desire??

I ask this because if it is a simple drag and drop from the file explorer then there is an issue with the tags and i can help with fixing this but if you are using a program to move your tracks onto the Desire then it will definetly 100% be that program.

Doubletwist is such a programme and is a nightmare!!

Let me know and i can help.......hopefully.

4. Banzibarn

Banzibarn Well-Known Member

I use windows explorer and it all works fine, so try that if you've not already.

5. fried

fried Well-Known Member

All of my music is tagged using ID3 v2.3 ISO-8859-1. Works fine for me. Download MP3Tag and double-check how your files are tagged. Try removing the tags and then re-tagged the files.