idea's for android marketing.

what kind of phone would you buy if it were available?

1. Autobot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Decepticon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Data from Star Trek

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other: please specify

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. none, this is stupid.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%

Last Updated:

1. ionekoa

ionekoa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

got this idea in the articles and posted it there more briefly, but here is the basic gist. more famous robots to market our beloved OS.

first, transformers. the optimus is already on it's way(or is it out? i loose track) verizon and motorola have used the "droid" moniker to capitalize on the association and made R2D2 phones(why they overlooked other droids i don't know.) so why not let everyones favorite trans-galactic robotic warriors have a go? each phone named after a decepticon or autobot and bearing the logo of their faction. perhaps with wallpapers and themes specific to their faction or to the individual transformer.

i call them transphoners.

with decepticon logos:

ravage
    soundwave
    shockwave
    thundercracker
    skywarp
    sunstorm

and with autobot logos:

jazz
    ironhide(waterproof/ruggedized phone)
    prowl
    mirage
    inferno
    smokescreen
    brawn(another waterproof/ruggedized phone)

and of course, if we're going for andriod, we could of course(now moving away from the transformers meme) have a phone designed with a TNG touchscreen theme(ie the screen has the same style and color scheme as the control panels on Star Trek: TNG) with a star-fleet logo on it. call it the Data.

or maybe a phone called the Marvin that comes wrapped in a towel with a default ringtone that says "i don't know why they bother calling, they don't really like you anyway."

Advertisement