Ideas on better ways to watch games on the Evo?

Last Updated:

1. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

has anyone found a better way to watch some games on android? when we cant get to a big screen tv?

I wounder if sprint will have the game on sprint tv.. like the world soccer games.

Advertisement
  2. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

They'd need to license the rights to the games from the league, which probably won't be cheap. And since Verizon has a deal with the NFL now, I certainly wouldn't expect to see those games on Sprint.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

What kind of games are you talking about? And what problems are you having now?

I have a tv tuner on my computer, and using Orb, I can stream all my cable channels right to the phone.

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I really hope they try and get a license for F1 Grand Prix...

5. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

SpeedTV is available on Sprint TV. Not sure if they show the races, though. I generally prefer to Tivo the races and watch them on large screen.

6. tmwilsoniv

tmwilsoniv Well-Known Member

And your objective is?
    To watch television programming on the smallest screen possible.

Why?

Just morbidly curious?

7. 355spider

355spider Well-Known Member

slingplayer, justintv

8. flip603

flip603 Well-Known Member

yeah, just get a sling player if you think you're gonna watch a lot of tv on your evo

9. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

What an...interesting question. I don't know about you, but I can't take my HD TV and cable box to work with me...

10. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Exactly, cant take my tv with me everywhere, but i do take my phone everywhere. And the Evo is NOT a small screen obviously. I've been doing this for years, even with a 1.3 inch screen, so a 4.3 inch screen is a big upgrade for me.

11. tmwilsoniv

So you take your cable box/modem/descrambler and laptop with you as phone accessories, enabling you to stream the cable programming right to your phone. How exactly does that work? Is the screen on your Evo lager than your laptop's screen?

Just curious

12. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

You can watch every football game on justin.tv. Runs smooth for me, even the HD feeds. My iPhone friends thought I was watching the Steeler game on Sprint TV and were in awe. I didn't bother to correct them.

13. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

Sling box and Sling player for android, SO YEP!

14. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Ummm, no. Everything stays at home. Cable is connected to my tv tuner, which is connect to my computer by usb. The program Orb allows remote access to all the channels my cable offers. There's this wonderful thing now called the Internet. My computer is connected to the Internet, which allows my computer to connect to other computers all over the world, and I can also connect to my computer where ever I am. So I use the Internet on my phone, to connect to the Internet on my computer using the Orb software, and I can watch tv anywhere my phone is. Obviously I'm not going to take my computer where ever I go and run miles of cable to connect to it from my house. And no, the Evo's screen is obviously not larger than my laptop, but my laptop doesnt fit in my pocket.

15. Kevin C

Kevin C Well-Known Member

Uhhh...aren't you supposed to be "working" at work?

16. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are just being obstinate or if you had a real question (Laptop vs Evo screen aside) but there are a few hardware to cloud solutions that allow you to stream cable / DVR from your home to your laptop/phone.

It's not for everyone but there are times when it can come in handy, Long Road trips for passengers, long commutes to work (for those on mass transit), long idle times at work, or in my case, for when I travel to Europe for work and I've had my fill of Al Jazeera and BBC News (only english channels) and topless women selling spam via cellular phones.

17. tmwilsoniv

I can certainly appreciate your explanation. Just watch out for the television police. They might not take kindly to your tax free programming. How do you get your Sprint phone to work in the U.K.?

18. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

19. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

I would be on wifi in Europe. And I'd take advantage of the HDMI out to a full sized TV.

20. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

wow.. you still on this drum beat??

you use your phone the way you want! let others do what they like.

if you dont like the solutions they give u... go on your merry way.

21. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Television police? You mean the FCC?

One, it's not illegal. And two, it's my party and i'll cry if i want to. It's my cable that I am paying for, I'll do what I want with it.

22. AmericanTemplar

AmericanTemplar Well-Known Member

There's an app called Live TV that makes use of Channelsurfing.net. I watched the past two tennis matches on it & I have no complaints. For those of us who don't have a TV, it's not a bad alternative.

23. tmwilsoniv

No, not the FCC, the television police. As in the little white vans that cruise the streets in the U.K., using radio transceivers to determine if there is an unlicensed television receiving BBC broadcasts. No television license, go to jail. Last time I checked, the license fee was

24. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Ok but that has nothing to do with streaming your OWN cable through the internet to your OWN device. I am not sharing it with the world, just my phone. That is completely legal.