• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ideas with Icons and Customization

jfritzs2

Android Enthusiast
Sep 3, 2009
I really like having a clean homescreen and I don't really like having to navigate far for my most used apps. On my main screen I have the Beautiful Widgets Flip clock and weather widget, the one that takes up two rows. And as I said, I like things clean, so I'd like to be able to see my background so I don't want to clutter the space with icons. So what would be the best way to make, clear, or near transparent icons for my apps?

I thought about Better Cut, but still I need the actual pictures of my apps to like photoshop them. Any ideas on how to come up with them? Is there anything I can find on my phone or get the icons off my phone?

I know this is not really what you asked for, but have you considered just making a few folders for apps on the homescreen, or using a program like Apps Organizer so you only have a few category icons on your main desktop?

Sorry that I didn't really answer your question, but it's always an option. Between Home++ having phone/contacts/apps/favorites buttons neatly arranged and out of the way at the bottom, and a little categorization, I uncluttered my homescreen quite a bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones