• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Idk what happened...

Evildawn

May 17, 2011
Ok so here's what I did... I simply hooked my phone up to my laptop through a usb cord to charge it. I did not do anything else at all just charged the phone.

Here's what happened.... all of my ringtones, notifications, etc. are now that stupid sound the phone makes on startup... which I an change one by one again ... Uhg by why did that happen....

Also and more importantly it totally destroyed the usefulness of my alarm... the sound level of it is like below that of a pin drop.. an I can't figure out how to fix it.

Ok so here's what I did... I simply hooked my phone up to my laptop through a usb cord to charge it. I did not do anything else at all just charged the phone.

Here's what happened.... all of my ringtones, notifications, etc. are now that stupid sound the phone makes on startup... which I an change one by one again ... Uhg by why did that happen....

Also and more importantly it totally destroyed the usefulness of my alarm... the sound level of it is like below that of a pin drop.. an I can't figure out how to fix it.

This stumped me when I first got my EVO. It seems as though when your device is mounted to your PC or Mac, it doesn't use the dedicated/personal ringtones that you've set up for individuals or app functions (reminders, alerts, etc.), because the SD card is not available to the device.

So if a person, in which you've set up a dedicated/personalized ringtone calls you while the phone is mounted, the phone will ring with the generic/stock ring tone.

Once you unmounted the SD card, your personalized ringtone setting will come back.

Upvote 0
Im using a droidx forgot to mention that... and no I guess I haven't unmounted it properly I just unplug it.... so is there a way to fix the alarm volume?

I'm not sure unfortunately. You might want to check/ask in the Droid X subforum to see if it's a common problem and they have a fix for it.

Reactions: Evildawn
Upvote 0
Im using a droidx forgot to mention that... and no I guess I haven't unmounted it properly I just unplug it.... so is there a way to fix the alarm volume?

If you go to menu>settings>sound>volume what does it show?

Also if you open the clock app and select the alarm you should be able to edit individual alarm volumes.

Upvote 0
Not sure if you saw this edit to my previous post:

Also if you open the clock app and select the alarm you should be able to edit individual alarm volumes.

Yeh I had been doing that.... but I figured it out. Idk why but when I went to check my volume in settings today for my media, instead of the 2 volume settings I normaly have in there there was a 3rd one called alarm volume which was turned all the way down. I think its because I checked it shortly after my alarm was set to go off but Idk,... because I checked the same place yesterday when someone asked me about my volume settings and alarm volume was not an option before. Odd but it works now thanks folks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones