IDK which phone to get the CLIQ or the MYTOUCH 3G

Last Updated:

1. CircusMaximus

CircusMaximus Member This Topic's Starter

what are the pros and cons of each? i know the cliq now has 2.1 but the mytouch is getting 2.2 will the cliq ever get 2.2

Advertisement
  2. coolbrz731

coolbrz731 Member

I would get the mytouch. Cliq isn't getting much support from Motorola, seems to have more problems, and I honestly don't see it getting 2.2. Now if you're addicted to Social Media, then Cliq might be your phone of choice. Otherwise, get the Mytouch. I own a Cliq XT.

3. IINaDII

IINaDII Active Member

just wait for the g2

4. CircusMaximus

CircusMaximus Member This Topic's Starter

well i can get either of those two for $50 i dont have $200 to spend on a phone

5. /\/@$|_0$+

/\/@$|_0$+ Member

Cliq doesn't have 2.1 go with mythouch

6. kichoufumetsu

kichoufumetsu Member

preeetty sure my cliq is running the leaked version of 2.1....so i don't think this statement is valid in your phone decision making process.

personally, i love my cliq. i want a different phone, but i can't seem to give up the physical keyboard

7. mikeyinid

mikeyinid Active Member

I personally own both phones. If you root them both and load the newest roms on them, the only difference is the physical keyboard. Im running android 2.2 on my mytouch and android 2.1 on my cliq (no motoblur) and the phones are almost identical. And to be honest with you, there are some hybrid roms for the cliq that only hold on to the coolest aspects of moto blur. And they are very stable and worth the 20 minutes it takes to root and load the custom rom. It all comes down to personal preferance. Some days i gotta have the teal keyboard, some days i dont...

8. JaeWeb

JaeWeb Well-Known Member

I prefer my Cliq only because of the actual keyboard. I rarely use the touch screen keyboard because I don't like it.