• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IETF HTTP Live Streaming?

PeteyNice

Apr 30, 2010
So I am currently looking to replace my Palm Centro and one of the things I really want in a new phone is MLB.tv video streaming. According to MLB, it isn't on Android because Android does not support IETF HTTP Live Streaming.

MLB.com Mobile FAQ | MLB.com: Help

I am firm believer in buying things for the features they have and not features they may get later but is this something Google is looking at?

There is a MLB app for android that will stream audio from either team and will show stats, balls/strikes/outs and where on the bases players are....not perfect but decent....NBA has live streaming of video...so not sure why MLB is slacking...oh and the NFL network will stream live video of there channel and NFL redzone during the season.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones