If Android had this killer app..

1. zzzjoshzzz

zzzjoshzzz New Member

I truly support Google's way of doing business and it's general culture and outlook, that's why I bought the Nexus 10 for example.

But! As a student at a University, I need a very nice note-taking app. I've tried nearly all the note taking apps on the Android marketplace and really, I have to be honest, they don't compare.

Specifics:
    There is an app on the Apple App Store called Notability it has
    (1) Significantly better filing system (ways to organize large amounts of notes)
    (2) Much better features as far as handwriting things (zoom-up scroll is much nicer and also works fluidly with PDFs-being able to handwrite on top of them, post things on top of them, etc)
    (3) Sync to Google Drive and Skydrive

I emailed the makers of Notability and they say the don't plan on entering the Android marketplace for at least 6 months and maybe never.

So! Who is going to pick up the slack! I want to be using Android devices in class but I need comparable features!

Advertisement
    :
  2. lionrain

lionrain Well-Known Member

i love notability as well! here are some similar ones i found.
    - Writepad Stylus
    - LectureNotes (my fav)
    - Handrite Note Pro
  3. zzzjoshzzz

zzzjoshzzz New Member

Thanks for the input Lion.

I've actually tried all of those. I think all those apps are great but still have a lot of work to do to get anywhere near Notability. I was wondering to myself yesterday if there was a way to petition Google to develop something..
  4. zzzjoshzzz

zzzjoshzzz New Member

It's almost February and I still don't retract my statement: Android would be leagues better with just a killer app that's comparable to Notability. The apps for notetaking are far behind so far.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

If you want to take notes a Samsung tablet is the way to go. Their s-pen is awesome
  6. ebusinesstutor

ebusinesstutor Well-Known Member

Have you tried Evernote?