• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If Android just shut down...

Is it weird to not really like iOS, yet be a major Apple (Mac) fan?

To me, and it may seem strange, I see that OS X and Android fit together better (UI excepted) than OS X and iOS.

OS X is simple and open (for now) so Android seems like something I'd expect a Mac user to embrace more than a locked-down and heavily controlled OS. But maybe that's just me.

Upvote 0
Probably WP maybe iOS and I don't think touchwiz is an OS ;)

Can you imagine a touchwiz OS?! *shudder* It'd have more flaws than the Burj Khalifa (and I mean that in every sense of the pun).

No way iOS would end up on anything other than Apple products. Samsung, HTC, LG and the other big players would just have a full migration with Windows Mobile OS...the horror.

Upvote 0
Can you imagine a touchwiz OS?! *shudder* It'd have more flaws than the Burj Khalifa (and I mean that in every sense of the pun).

No way iOS would end up on anything other than Apple products. Samsung, HTC, LG and the other big players would just have a full migration with Windows Mobile OS...the horror.

Lol yeah I could...I think there were some dumb phones that were brew touchwized...maybe some windows phones too

Upvote 0
Is it weird to not really like iOS, yet be a major Apple (Mac) fan?

To me, and it may seem strange, I see that OS X and Android fit together better (UI excepted) than OS X and iOS.

OS X is simple and open (for now) so Android seems like something I'd expect a Mac user to embrace more than a locked-down and heavily controlled OS. But maybe that's just me.

Well OS X is based of of unix... And linux is based off of unix and android is based off of linux so at the roots they are the same, so it only makes sense that they seem to fit together.

Upvote 0
touchwiz was also the OS for the old devices from 2008 such as the jet and star.

Wikipedia said:
TouchWiz is a touch interface developed by Samsung Electronics with partners, featuring a full touch user interface. It is sometimes incorrectly identified as an operating system. TouchWiz is used internally by Samsung for sophisticated feature phones and tablet computers, and is not available for licensing by external parties.

It's an overlay and always has been. It just runs on top of whatever OS the phone is running it's not actually an OS. Here's the wiki on it: TouchWiz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Edit: it looks like Samsung did have a proprietary OS called bada though which touchwiz ran over...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones