If anyone has ANY info on rooting these phones, please post here.

Last Updated:

1. ambientdroid

ambientdroid Well-Known Member

Hey,

I know there's not many English speakers with the Toshiba Regza phones, and I have know idea if many Japanese people are interested in rooting etc.

But if you have any ideas on how this might be done, please speak up.:)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

How come Europe and Asia get all the good phones? Here's our site owner's review:

here.
  3. ambientdroid

Thanks.

There's some pretty cool stuff over here but Japan's always been an innovator with this type of stuff.

Too bad there isn't any (English speaking) user base to speak of.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Shame, it looks like a really nice phone too.
  5. acshud

acshud Member

i have a toshiba regza t-01c and i use "SuperOneClick v1.9.1-ShortFuse" to root.
  6. Epleskrotten

Epleskrotten Active Member

Did that work well for you? Did you successfully install any custom roms? I just bought this phone today and it is full of Docomo apps I can not use since I am bringing this phone to Norway.

Do you also know how to sim unlock it?
  7. ambientdroid

Are you sure that the hardware is compatible with norwegian bands and sim cards?

My wife's last docomo dumb phone would not accept an Australian sim, they're fundamentally different in some way.
  8. Epleskrotten

Epleskrotten Active Member

For this one I am uncertain, but I also bought a Medias 06 phone which Docomo were nice enough to unlock for me, and my Norwegian SIM is working here in Japan. I go back to Norway on Monday, so I'll see then how well it works. We are on standard GSM and 3G in Norway, so I am optimistic.

For the Toshiba I am planning to get a Hyper Sim and hopefully it will work too. I'll let you know!
  9. acshud

acshud Member

i search everywhere but i don't find anything for this phone.i didn't try to instal custom because i not find it.I want to first find how to make a backup copy of original software and the radio version in case something happens.if you find something,please let me know.thx