If Froyo is added to the final update what about TESTERS Phones?

Last Updated:

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

k so there are test phones out there and from what I can tell they have had the 720p OTA update for about the last month now.

But what will happen if froyo is added into the final update? I would expect they would be in the same shape as many of us rooters now with the leaked version.

Just thinking ahead if we will be able to install another leaked or modified version of the update over what we have now and just have it add froyo since testers are not going to be able to roll back what they have already on their end.

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Well, since they sent it only to testers phones then they can also NOT resend it to testers phones. If it were to include Froyo, they would probably have a special ota for them that was Froyo only without the ota they already have OR Froyo plus any tweaks to the ota they already have if they made any changes based on the testers recommendations.

Was that what you were getting at or not? They wouldn't be in the same boat because they know what the testers have on their phones and can adjust accordingly.

3. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

That's what us rooters need! lol Thanks Iowa but seriously that is what we need a leaked version of.

I just don't want to go through...

1) Downgrade hboot
    2) Unroot
    3) Install new updates again
    4) Reroot
    5) Have to reconfigure everything, or most things. (Since you have to becareful with Titanium Backup installing something old over something new)

Otherwise we could just stick with a rom (Cm6 or something) but I just hope one comes out soon that includes froyo and a working camera....but I don't think that will be soon.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Exactly. The leak came from somewhere so hopefully the final update that goes to a tester phone will be "reviewed" in a similar fashion.

5. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

Us rooters?

You can't even install once, much less twice if rooted ;)