1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

If I bring my tmobile galaxy s4 to metro pcs...

1. meshflesh

meshflesh Active Member

I live in new york. And i currently have tmobile.

My question is: If i bring my tmobile s4 to metro pcs and start service with them...Will my phone have all the same features that it did on tmobile with no difference??

Will i get unlimited LTE, hspa+, etc etc??

i called metro customer service.....and they didnt know nothing.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

The short answer is yes, the service should be exactly the same. There is still the question of whether they'll activate it tho.

There is a discussion about it in the http://androidforums.com/metropcs-galaxy-s4-all-things-root/762283-s4-metro-same-t-mobile.html thread you can read through if you like...in fact...I recommend reading through it. The problem is that if anyone has already tried what you want to do, they didn't report back either way.

It seems talking to Metro customer service gets the same "duh" response, as you'll see if you read the thread I posted. I think they understand perfectly but act stupid in this case because they want you to buy their S4 variant. You may get more answers by going to a metro store, they get lots of practice activating phones and should be able to give you a better answer than "duh". Problem is that the phone needs to be disconnected from Tmo completely in order to try to activate it on Metro.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.
    mike28 and nuttmeg like this.
  3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

And the phone must be paid in full before tmo unlock it for you.
    ARocker likes this.
  4. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Ha ha, thats right! Forgot about that nuttmeg.
    nuttmeg and mike28 like this.
  5. meshflesh

meshflesh Active Member

Went to metro pcs today.I can confirm PHONE WORKS 100%. NO Tmobile feATURES MISSING. 4GLTE, HSPA+. iT ALL WORKS 100%. eVEN DOWN TO TMOBILEs visual voicemail.

Thanks guys

(and ps: you can unlock the phone yourself without tmobile)
    Rooqy likes this.
  6. Rooqy

Rooqy Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know! Really good to hear!
  7. ARocker

ARocker Guides Guide

Told ya! Lmfao :p

Thanks for confirming that :)