If I buy a UK hero, and use att will I get 3g eventually?

Last Updated:

1. clandest

clandest Active Member This Topic's Starter

So, I really want to buy this hero. And the sprint version is to ugly and I don't want to buy that one when it is released next month. And if there isn't any other american releases besides sprint. I am going to be forced to buy the UK unlocked version. I've read old post from when the phone first was released that att users can't use 3g only edge, but then FCC approved the use of the type of 3g att requires. Is this a hardware fix or software? So if I buy a UK version ill be stuck with edge?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Dallasguy

Dallasguy Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that its the hardware of the euro hero that keeps you from using the at&t 3g. That hardware will change for the US sprint version, naturally.

So, yes, you will be 'stuck' with Edge.

3. SamIam

SamIam Active Member

Yup...just like Dallasguy says...the 3G frequency is different here in the US. The UK version doesn't have that chip...so it is not possible to ever get 3G in the US with the UK version.

4. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

You never know...In a couple decades, there might be a unified data frequency, lol...yeah right.

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Cluttering up EVERY thread with the same cr@p isn't the best way to drum up business. Please don't spam the forum.