If I create another gmail acct...

Last Updated:

1. cij1916

cij1916 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just for my contacts, I don't want them to merge with contacts in my regular email...can I still receive email from my original gmail acct and not the one I created just because? Does that make sense? I'm going to purchase my Hero tomorrow and I want to start putting info in the contacts so that when I activate the phone, my contacts will sync and be there when I leave the store or whatnot.

Advertisement
  2. cij1916

And will I be able to sync my calendar from my original gmail acct?

3. cij1916

Well thanks for reading the post...I'll try by trial & error tomorrow when I pick up my phone.

4. Qrystal

Qrystal Member

How did you end up handling your contacts? I'm on day 0.5 of my new Hero, and wondering how to deal with the mess of contacts...

5. cij1916

Ok...first I created a group in gmail called "phone"...I imported my contacts from outlook in cvs format to the phone group...on my phone i went to People>Groups hit Menus>sync groups and only checked "phone"...

When I add people to my phonebook from my phone...for contact type choose Google (I think that's the only way for it to sync to the computer)...and for group choose phone.

Hope that helps.

6. Qrystal

Qrystal Member

Thanks! That's brilliant!

As a bonus, it also solves the problem with how the default groups in Google Contacts (Family, Friends, and one other I can't remember) don't even show up in my phone's groups. I was annoyed but held off fighting with it until I had a plan--and your way looks like an excellent plan!